Origin Download Error: Missing dll?

by DatKamikazePilot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Download Error: Missing dll?

★★ Novice

DLL Missing?

I found out why this has been happening, and it's because I've been forced to move Origin to Drive D. However, even when I got back and try to download it to D (I copied TS4 game and files onto the D drive), it needs this file somehow which is not present. Any help would be greatly appreciated! One of my best friends is visiting and was hoping to play the game.

Origin works fine at the moment, so it doesn't appear to be the client anymore; if anyone needs my computer specs I can post them, though it's far more than enough to play Sims 4.

Message 1 of 10 (9,444 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Download Error: Missing dll?

Community Manager

@DatKamikazePilot Hi, you should keep the Origin client itself installed to Drive C, otherwise you can run into off issues. The client itself is relatively small and you don't need the games installed in the same location. 

I'd say you can start by uninstalling and reinstalling Origin to Drive C, then make sure that your Origin is pointing to the correct install location using the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games

I do notice that you mention the D drive but the error message indicates that it's trying to install to E, could this be a factor?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (11,672 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@DatKamikazePilot Hi, you should keep the Origin client itself installed to Drive C, otherwise you can run into off issues. The client itself is relatively small and you don't need the games installed in the same location. 

I'd say you can start by uninstalling and reinstalling Origin to Drive C, then make sure that your Origin is pointing to the correct install location using the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games

I do notice that you mention the D drive but the error message indicates that it's trying to install to E, could this be a factor?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 10 (11,673 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi David! Yeah so Origin stops responding every time I try to update the Sims 4. I've moved Origin from its original installation from Drive E since it stopped working and now only "updates constantly"; Origin works ok on D drive (it was never on C!). On the other hand when I try installing stuff to Sims on E, it croaks; but when I install to Sims 4 on D-drive this comes up. I copy and pasted the Sims files to D drive since I didn't really wanna go through the hassle of uninstalling and losing precious saved games...wondering if that was a good idea.

Message 3 of 10 (9,405 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_David Hello! (Forgot to ping the first time), also some more information: Origin starts up in Compatability mode on my Windows 7 for some reason. I've directed the downloads to go to Path E (It was a thumbdrive as when I first got the computer my C: was almost full; I only recently have D: as an SSD).

Now it'll start downloading and then freeze at 0%; Task Manager says it is Not Responding, and when I choose to end Origin, I have to restart the computer in order to open it back up again.

It seems to work pretty stable on D: drive, I'm kind of iffy reinstalling it again after the nightmare of 2 days of trying to get it to work, but if it'll make things run smoother I'm game.

Origin would also consistently freeze all of a sudden one day on Drive E if I wanted to update TS4--and I mean freezing Windows Explorer, etc to the point I'd have to do a hard reboot--after a clean reinstall on E: Origin would have the "updating" glitch where it would constantly update and then be open with a small amount of memory usage in Task Manager.

It still sometimes causes issues with Windows Explorer.

It also seems I don't have the exact file name: Simulation.dll_DiP_STAGED; I do have Simulation.dll however. I'm unfamiliar with these files so I'm not sure if they are one and the same.

Really hoping I don't have to risk losing saved games on TS4.

Message 4 of 10 (9,395 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DatKamikazePilot

Hi,

If you are experiencing freezing or download issues with Origin then try the following:

Let me know if that helps.

Message 5 of 10 (9,380 Views)

★★ Novice

@Straatford87

Actually I found the fix. I did as David said and reinstalled Origin to C: drive, on the main computer--and the other culprit was that my wireless adapter finally died (it was an old salvage, in all due honestly, and had no updated drivers). Once I replaced it with a brand new Netgear, the computer works now like a charm as if nothing happened!

Message 6 of 10 (9,375 Views)

EA DICE Team

Even better, @DatKamikazePilot. Glad to hear you got it resolved - thanks for sharing!

Message 7 of 10 (9,365 Views)

★ Novice

I just had this same issue but can not install to the C: Drive. It seems to be a security issue that has been common to EA over the last many years since BF2, This why I prefer STEAM since it never sqwaks [7700 on the IFF boxes] no matter where you install it thus making it easier to reinstall should your system ever need to be reimaged. All the US kinda people are paranoid if they make money at something and I just wish they would spend some unwanted time in a nut house being given poisons to straighten out their minds.

Message 8 of 10 (7,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry to necro this feed, but I have an issue... When I try to install the launcher at all, I am apparently missing 2 or 3 .dll files and this is a fresh restart of my computer. Wheat do I do?

Message 9 of 10 (1,783 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @TTV_Anavex, please do not bump older threads such as this.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,751 Views)