Re: Origin Donwlaod 50-70% CPU Usage

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Community Manager

Thanks a lot! That should be it for now, but if the team gets back with any further questions, I'll reach out!

Message 11 of 17 (473 Views)

★★ Novice

Should i was downloading the game and had the high cpu usage while reporting the problem ? because i was not downloading the game at the time i reported.

Message 12 of 17 (470 Views)

Community Manager

@lemachinbidule No, that's not required, the logs will also cover the time prior to that.

Message 13 of 17 (466 Views)

Community Manager

@lemachinbidule Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that we were able to reproduce this internally thanks to your detailed description. We are looking into a fix that will be released in a future Origin Client update.

Thanks again,

Nils

Message 14 of 17 (1,598 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nils do you need any more data / machine examples?

On the following machine during a game download I get 8% CPU util with Origin client minimised and 28% when not minimised.  The same effect as minimisation can be seen by just clicking the store tab instead of my games, i.e. it is only when the client is on My Games that the really high usage of 28% occurs.  Mind you 8% for a download seems extreme.

Thanks for your help

Nick

Message 15 of 17 (410 Views)

Community Manager

@NickSeee Hi Nick,

Which Origin Client version are you on? Is it the beta branch with our new client or still the old one?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 16 of 17 (398 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this issue as well. After turning on safe mode it works fine for now. I've included a dxdiag report after safe mode was turned on. If you need anything else, just shoot Standard smile 

Message 17 of 17 (305 Views)