Re: Origin Cloud Storage keeps turning itself back on

by Drakkordragon

Original Post

Origin Cloud Storage keeps turning itself back on

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed that turning off Cloud Storage in both Origin's preferences and the game's preferences (in this case, Mass Effect Andromeda), it doesn't "stick".

It regularly just turns itself back on in the game's preferences. I have to check each time before I launch the game and turn it off.

I've noticed the same behavior with the "Show Origin after gameplay" setting. It just keeps turning itself back on.

Message 1 of 7 (1,081 Views)

Community Manager

@Hrungr

This is an issue we are investigating. What I recommend is to either let Origin automatically update itself or just manually check that your Origin client is up to date from time to time. In this way, if or when this does get resolved, you will have to deal with the issue for the shortest possible time.

barry.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,063 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue. Using a beta client. Looks like illicit datamining tactics to me especially with share system interaction date option always defaulting to ON even if you turn it OFF. Really pisses me off.

Message 3 of 7 (1,021 Views)

★ Novice

Im not using the beta client and Cloud Storage stills turns itself back on. Ive already tried clearing the cache, but that didnt work.

Message 4 of 7 (964 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, that's an issue that has never been fixed. I bought a new computer a while back, brand new install, no betas, and Cloud Storage still continues to turn on by itself.

Message 5 of 7 (958 Views)

★ Novice

January 2020 now, and this issue STILL haven't been fixed !!!! And yes my client is up to date.

Message 6 of 7 (695 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Drakkordragon Years ago I thought this might have been a bug, but I think it's pretty clear now they've deliberately implemented this for data gathering. -__-
Message 7 of 7 (673 Views)