Re: Origin Client steals focus, forcing games to minimise

by GideonSward

Original Post

Origin Client steals focus, forcing games to minimise

★ Novice

Hi,

I am posting this out of sheer desperation and frustration, in the vain hope that someone out there will respond with a viable solution to what is quite frankly an issue that boils my blood!

Just recently following the latest update to the Origin client I have been experiencing an issue where my games are forcibly minimised momentarily (basically a programme stealing foreground focus), it happens about every 10-15mins whilst i am playing game through Origin, most notably BF V and FIFA 19.

Now here's the real kicker, the programme that's causing it is the Origin client itself, the one programme i am forced to use to run the freaking games in the first place.

I have done some of the obvious things (not that i should have to if the client worked properly) like disabling Origin In game, all kinds of notifications and auto updates disabled, origin cache cleared, disabled any antivirus software and fully updated gfx drivers (the usual scapegoats) but the problem persists.

I am not sure what it is, but something, some background event is happening within the Origin client every 10-15mins and stealing focus thus forcing the minimises. As i said this has only been since the last update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because at the moment it is making ALL my origin games unplayable

Message 1 of 7 (2,474 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
i got frustrated to see origin steals focus & jumps in screen.

after learning there's no way in windows (7) to disable this feature,
so i started to look to "resource hacking" tools to see if i can change that from within origin itself, but to no success.
BUT!

i have found a walk around this annoying issue! =)

download "Virtuoz" a virtual desktop utility,
https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Virtuoz.shtml
(or other virtual desktop program)

Then, run annoying origin in desktop #1
then switch to desktop #2 and open browser & lunch your game.

that's it, you will not see origin again :-)
Enjoy.
Message 2 of 7 (2,354 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Ozirios This keeps returning as an issue for me - update one client and no problem, next update here comes the problem again. The help guys have zero idea how to fix it and now simply don't respond.
Message 3 of 7 (1,780 Views)

★★ Guide
Hi, @ShoddyPlayer and @GideonSward,

I also had that problem but solved it using the below solution, have you tried it?

1. Close Origin and services processes (OriginWebHelperService.exe & OriginClientService.exe).

2. Delete all files in 2 folders

"C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License"
"C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License"

3. Start Origin again

The original thread where this solution appeared was:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Fullscreen-game-breaking-bug/m-p/8996888#M40334
Message 4 of 7 (1,733 Views)

★★ Guide
@ShoddyPlayer why have revived a Necro post? You had more recent ones with this problem...
Message 5 of 7 (1,730 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm glad I did revive it a this is the only post that I recall I've had a response to.

Thanks for the possible fix. It is something I haven't tried before. Will give it a try. 

Message 6 of 7 (1,706 Views)

Community Manager
Locking necro'd post here. There's an active thread open on this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Investigating-Origin-Client-Tabbing-out-Poppin...
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 7 (1,656 Views)