Re: Origin Client no longer working on after major update

by punkersslave

Original Post

Origin Client no longer working on after major update

★★★★ Novice

Since the origin update around October 24th, i have not been able to play my sims 4 games at all. Everytime I attempted to open the Origin client, it would either give me a white screen, crash right after opening, or ask me to sign in and when I did would say online login wan't available or I had to be online while logging in for the first time or that my credentials were incorrect or expired. I contacted EA through the online chat and was told to uninstall and reinstall Origin which I did ( though Orign thin setup did not work)  but ended up with the same things happening. I also tried the following:

• Reset my internet explorer settings ( on advice from EA)
  • Disabled proxy
  • Used Ccleaner
  • Clean boot
  • Antivirus program is not blocking it.
  • Checked firewall
  • Cleared Origin Cache

After uninstallling and reinstalling three times, I was allowed to log in but ended up with the menu looking horribly messed up and impossible to access any of my games. In fact if I tried, the origin menu would disappear altogether. 

I also attempted to install the Legacy version of Origin as from what I understood, that is a good option to use for older computers ( I have a Dell Inspirion laptop running on Windows 7) and it's done the exact same thing as the regular Origin client download. 

I just find it frustrating and frankly ridiculous that I have all these games I've paid for but can't access all due an update that has made it nearly impossible to operate Origin on an older computer ( I can't afford a new one either) . I know I'm not the only to have this problem either. 

Message 1 of 21 (656 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue.  I've tried a number of things to get Origin to work, but no success.  

Message 2 of 21 (636 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Gypsy3k @punkersslave

If you only want to play the game install the older version of Origin. (https://www.dm.origin.com/download/legacy)

If you run an OS newer than Vista you will need to hold the client in Offline mode or it will try to update itself.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 21 (628 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have downloaded the Legacy version and had the same problems as I did with newer version of Origin. 

How do I hold the client in offline mode? Is that something I could do on the Origin site? Because when I can get Origin to open, the display is really messed up. 

Message 4 of 21 (601 Views)

@Gypsy3k

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply. You can do that  with the "choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window. 

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 5 of 21 (587 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry for the late reply.

I submitted this Dxdiag to EA a few weeks ago. 

Message 6 of 21 (553 Views)

@Gypsy3k

No problem.

Please download and install this GPU driver. It is much newer (2012) as the one you use (2009).

Message 7 of 21 (524 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Didn't work for me,  but thank you! 

Message 8 of 21 (499 Views)

@Gypsy3k

I see you are using an older laptop. So another driver giving a problem with an origin client update is perfectly possible. Check the following link for all official dell inspiron 1545 driver updates. www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/.../inspiron-1545/drivers.

Message 9 of 21 (490 Views)

@Gypsy3k

By "Didn't work" you mean you couldn't install it? Any error massages? 

Message 10 of 21 (484 Views)