Re: Origin Client : Online login is currently unavailable

by Straatford87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Client : Online login is currently unavailable

★★★ Novice

I found out that the stated solution is partially true..

Yes, checking all on, and restart, checking all off, and restart again..(that means computer rebooting..)
But, if that alone does not help,
Try downloading the lastest version of Internet Explorer that will run on your OS, and installing it..
Then re-boot computer..

Then Start Internet Explorer, and after that close it again, immediately..
Then Go tho the Internet connection settings==>Connections and un-check all but auto detect..
Reboot once again..
Then go Connections again, and this time uncheck it one final time..
Open Origin client..(and you may un-install IE again or switch it's setting to max security or something, cuz it's still crappy..)

TIP: For Windows XP user, use IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.exe

It may be hard to find, but will work, I STILL use Windows XP SP3 for old gaming purposes..

Hope this really helps..
I think the problem is with setting detection done by Origin Client, which is faulty implemented. An either corrupted file or not up to date one for the Internet connections
is at fault there..

Good luck and Good day everyone..

Message 1 of 12 (4,388 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Hello @ZMacZ,

there has been a technical disruption today causing  the website and the client to put out that message. It should be fixed by now, succesfull logins have been confirmed.

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

(I do NOT work for EA)

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (4,564 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hello @ZMacZ,

there has been a technical disruption today causing  the website and the client to put out that message. It should be fixed by now, succesfull logins have been confirmed.

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

(I do NOT work for EA)

Message 2 of 12 (4,565 Views)

★★★ Novice

- knows..

I fixed problem on my end..

Message 3 of 12 (4,355 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ZMacZ @Babyhuehnchen

We had a temporary outage but all should be good now. Do please let us know if you're experiencing any further problems.

Thank you,

Message 4 of 12 (4,325 Views)

★ Novice

how do i do this? its not letting me log in to play sims it just resets the log in tab. i dont know how to fix this....

Message 5 of 12 (4,303 Views)

EA DICE Team

@FOXHH62

Hi,

Check out the following thread if you're still stuck with this error message:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Complete-Support-Origin-Connection-Issues/td-p/5019298

Message 6 of 12 (4,292 Views)

★ Novice

i tried it and i didnt understand the instructions well enough to go through with it

Message 7 of 12 (4,273 Views)
Highlighted

EA DICE Team

@FOXHH62

Remember that you can always reach out to an Advisor to walk you through the steps one-by-one per phone call, if the text isn't clear to you:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/How-to-contact-EA-Help/td-p/5650100

Message 8 of 12 (4,224 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi every one I was getting same problem i went through all the steps flushed dns toggled the internet options but even after getting logged in if i tried to download a game it would say te folder was blocked. well no one could seem to help me with a solution. last night i played a game and this morning tried to launch it and got a weird message. i also uninstalled and reinstalled origin as well. anyway after the weird message uninstalled program and reinstalled still got same message. so i did some hunting on my pc and noticed my anti virus and malware program had decided to block several aspects of origin. i'm running commodo a certified antivirus program by microsoft but unbeknownst to me it didn't ask me if i wanted to allow for these instances. so if you are having similar issues try checking your antivirus or malware programs these may be causing the problem

Message 9 of 12 (4,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I love the sims, all of them. Sadly I haven't been able to play because origin keeps saying "online login currently unavailable." I haven't been able to play in over 8 months. I didn't purchase the game to keep it in it's case and not play it. Please send me step by step info on what I have to do to fix this. Please send instructions for windows asap 

Message 10 of 12 (4,148 Views)