Origin Client Freezing

by ShredsTheIceN7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Client Freezing

★★★ Novice

Hi so I am having serious problems with the origins client. I can start the client but as soon as I click on anything the program will freeze, even if i do not touch anything the program will freeze. I have tried running the program as administrator and I have tried compatibility mode. I have tried going offline and I still get the same crashes. I have checked for updates and I have re-downloaded the client multiple times on both of my drives with no luck. I have allowed origin through windows firewall and I have no anti-virus that restricts origin.

I am still able to start games and play them, but origin in-game will not be available because the client has crashed. I am running windows 10 64bit operating system as well as the newest origin update. Is there a possibility I am experiencing these crashes because origins is 32bit? or is there something else causing this freezing? 

I am running out of ideas, please help

Thanks 

Message 1 of 17 (9,754 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Client Freezing

★★★ Newbie

Dude, I have had the same problem for three months now.. BUT! What fixed it for me was turning off a program called Nahimic, it's a audio managing program (and I think only for MSI computers). If you click out of it it still runs in the background so terminate it from ctr + alt + del or choose to terminate from menu. Either way, just stop it Tongue out 

Now this helped for me and I had the exact same problem as you so I really hope that this can help you as it helped me Standard smile

View in thread

Message 9 of 17 (11,248 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

Hi @ShredsTheIceN7,

Please Post your DXDIAG report.

We can see if you might have missed an update or, if there are other errors in there that we can help you correct.

Message 2 of 17 (9,710 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is the DXDIAG report.

Message 3 of 17 (9,698 Views)

★★★ Expert

Hi @ShredsTheIceN7

Everything is up to date but, Origin is hanging (freezing) in the error messages. The type of freeze it's indicating is usually due to Malware or a virus or, needing to clean your registry.

Use a reputable Antivirus and Malware program to scan your computer.  AVAST,  BitDefender, McAfee, Norton, etc....

Also use CCleaner to clean your registry.

Let us know if that helps.

Message 4 of 17 (9,682 Views)

★★★ Novice

I use CCleaner fairly regularly, but currently I am not using any of those anti virus systems. I just did a scan with windows defender however and no threats were found, would it be better to use say Avast? 

Message 5 of 17 (9,668 Views)

★★★ Expert

For a free one, yes AVAST, and do a boot scan, that will catch more than a scan done while running.

Message 6 of 17 (9,660 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just finished a boot scan and no threats were found. I ran CCleaner and it removed around 44MB but it is still crashing. I attached a new DXDIAG report if that helps.

The freezing always seems to happening in 5 or so seconds after starting origin, if i move my mouse over any tabs they will pop  open but after the 5 seconds they will just freeze and origin locks up. When downloading the games I have it would freeze but i would reopen origin and it would appear that the download just kept going normally although the program had locked up.

If it matters I also have my game library for origin on my D: drive and the origin client in the C:drive. 

Message 7 of 17 (9,649 Views)

★★★ Novice

Can someone please help me this is still going on and i do not know how to fix this 

Message 8 of 17 (9,510 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dude, I have had the same problem for three months now.. BUT! What fixed it for me was turning off a program called Nahimic, it's a audio managing program (and I think only for MSI computers). If you click out of it it still runs in the background so terminate it from ctr + alt + del or choose to terminate from menu. Either way, just stop it Tongue out 

Now this helped for me and I had the exact same problem as you so I really hope that this can help you as it helped me Standard smile

Message 9 of 17 (11,249 Views)

Community Manager

@Hockax

Good stuff, thanks for your input.

barry.png
Message 10 of 17 (9,460 Views)