Origin Client (Beta) crashes when Unravel is installed

by y0nt3n

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Client (Beta) crashes when Unravel is installed

★★★ Apprentice

I don't know the exactly reasons, but if I install Unravel I can't open the new client. Origin crashes even if I put the game folder into the Origin Games folder, removing it solves the problem.

I started downloading the game (a few hours ago), but crashed during the download.

Actually, this happened before in the main branch, the box art was grey (like if it wasn't released) and freezing the client, forcing to "Origin has stopped working".

Any fix?

Message 1 of 8 (609 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Client (Beta) crashes when Unravel is installed

EA DICE Team

@y0nt3n

If you reach out to an EA Advisor with an MSINFO file (this contains personal information so please don't post it on the forum), then they will be able to check the specific reason for Origin / Unravel crashing. I wasn't able to detect that in the files that you provided.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (544 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

The fix would be opting-out of the Origin Client Beta program. Beta is for testing purposes and seems like you have found an issue.

Message 2 of 8 (599 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Actually no, the same happen with me in the main branch (opting-out the beta branch).

<>

Origin was crashing during its startup, so I backed up all my installed games (TS4 and all add-ons, PvZ GW1 & 2 and Crysis 2) on my desktop. This have fixed my problem.

But... the client started to crash again when Unravel was being installed. So this is how I think I discovered a bug.

The same happened in the main branch, Origin crashes with Unravel installed, but not during its startup, only when Unravel's box art appears to me.

BTW: If I right-click in the box art, the client crashes too. (Main Branch)

Message 3 of 8 (579 Views)

EA DICE Team

@y0nt3n

Origin crashes can happen for a number of reasons. If you can upload a dxdiag to your reply then I will take a look for you.

Message 4 of 8 (574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Okay!

I've added my Client_Log file too, if this helps you.

Message 5 of 8 (560 Views)

EA DICE Team

@y0nt3n

Unable to locate the specific reason for the crash. Could you try the following:

Let me know if that resolves the crashing issues.

Message 6 of 8 (546 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Nothing solved my problem. :/

In all three situations, Origin still crashes with Unravel installed.

Message 7 of 8 (532 Views)

EA DICE Team

@y0nt3n

If you reach out to an EA Advisor with an MSINFO file (this contains personal information so please don't post it on the forum), then they will be able to check the specific reason for Origin / Unravel crashing. I wasn't able to detect that in the files that you provided.

Message 8 of 8 (545 Views)