Re: Origin Bad Image Error

by holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin Bad Image Error

★★ Novice

My Error:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.

I get this error when trying to start Origin or play Sims 4 with Origin installed. I did not have this issue a few months ago and I have recently updated to windows 10

All threads I have found online tell me to download the Vcredist packages, I have downloaded, installed, repaired, and uninstalled them multiple times using the 2015 versions, X86 and X64, this has not been working.

I uninstalled Origin, manually and with the uninstaller, the issue persisted. I have also run it in administrator mode.

I have run a system check with the command prompt and ran CCleaner, the issue is still there.

I had a similar issue trying to launch Smite a few weeks ago, which was the first time I reinstalled the packages

Is there anything else I can do to fix the error?

Message 1 of 19 (6,005 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@FanficAddict

The MSVCR120.dll is part of the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013.

So you need to install the 2013 version from the link @MADrag0n posted, (VC2013) plus the "Multibyte MFC Library for Visual Studio 2013" and the Visual C++ 2013 Runtime for Sideloaded Windows 8.1 apps.

That should solve the problem, if not please report back.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 3 of 19 (6,504 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello @FanficAddict, try this:
a) all install run as Admin;
b) before install this, delete all already installed versions;
c) if you have x64 OS, you'd install x32 and x64 packages of all versions:

VC2005 (хххххх80.dll) - https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=26347
VC2008 (хххххх90.dll) - https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=26368
VC2010 (ххххх100.dll) - https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=26999
VC2012 (ххххх110.dll) - https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=30679
VC2013 (ххххх120.dll) - https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=40784
VC2015 (ххххх140.dll) - https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=52685

Message 2 of 19 (5,973 Views)

[ Edited ]

@FanficAddict

The MSVCR120.dll is part of the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013.

So you need to install the 2013 version from the link @MADrag0n posted, (VC2013) plus the "Multibyte MFC Library for Visual Studio 2013" and the Visual C++ 2013 Runtime for Sideloaded Windows 8.1 apps.

That should solve the problem, if not please report back.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 3 of 19 (6,505 Views)

EA DICE Team

@FanficAddict

Many suggestions have been provided to hopefully get you back into the game. Please let us know if it works, or if you need anything else.. Standard smile

Message 4 of 19 (5,952 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much i finally fixed it because of you!!

Message 5 of 19 (4,655 Views)

★★★ Novice
@FanficAddict Is this resolved? I am also facing exact same issue need help Frown
Message 6 of 19 (3,925 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Straatford87 No i am facing same issue i tried everything mentioned here please help
Message 7 of 19 (3,924 Views)

@JibbsqaziYT 

You get the exact same error massage? (Bad Image Error

Can you provide a screenshot?

You installed the VC++ 2013 runtime without a error message?

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

If you use Windows 7 also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the game you have trouble with.

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

Message 8 of 19 (3,891 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello as requested I have uploaded Dxrag for my Pc

Message 9 of 19 (3,884 Views)

@JibbsqaziYT 

You get the exact same error massage? (Bad Image Error

Can you provide a screenshot?

You installed the VC++ 2013 runtime without a error message?

Message 10 of 19 (3,880 Views)