Re: Origin Account repeatedly hacked

by letsseeifyousee

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happening to me. Its scary since i have over 1000$ worth of stuff in apex legends that can get deleted in an instant  if the person wants to delete the account. Hopefully they cant do that. I have sign in through phone on all my emails and 2fa on origin yet i still get hacked. Have you found a way to stop it? every time i get hacked i get  it back through ea support but still. its scary and risky to get hacked this often. 

Message 11 of 16 (642 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@lplnohave yes the same is happening to me since yesterday, account hacked 4 times now, talked to support and all they do is deactivate my account, clear log ins, reactivate, change password and then tell me to turn on authentication! and i do all this, still the hacker gets MY account again. is there no other way? cant ea just shift my account data to some other origin account entirely?
Message 12 of 16 (620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Darko, with all due respect, this problem is plaguing EA users, and EA doesn’t seem to be doing anything about it. I don’t know if you have any influence within EA, but this security flaw is still happening, and somebody at EA needs to speak up. The post made in 2013 on this thread where they said that EA said they were implementing a fix is a blatant fallacy. This has been happening to me for two weeks and others for over 8 years. Whoever is in charge of account security over at EA needs to do something about this so EA users don’t have to worry about having their account stolen.

Message 13 of 16 (478 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tffGeekyPlayz when posting on AHQ please do so in a polite and constructive manner.

If your account is being compromised repeatedly then it's likely that your email or system has been compromised. If you have your EA account set with a strong password and login verification and still see issues then this points to issues related to other security violations on your system or email that I'd recommend you look into.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 14 of 16 (465 Views)

★ Novice

I apologize if my post seemed rude, but I'm just calling it as it is. This problem has been apparent for 8 years and nothing has been done at EA to solve it. I will admit that I was a bit angry when I posted, but my point still stands.

Message 15 of 16 (438 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @tffGeekyPlayz if your account is continuously compromised then this points to a security issue with your system or linked accounts.

I'd recommend doing a thorough system scan and updating all passwords.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 16 of 16 (369 Views)