Re: Origin Account logged in on another computer

by KaptainKG

Original Post

Origin Account logged in on another computer

★ Novice

I've been on my PC for most of the day playing Battlefield 4, then when I come off for a while, I noticed a pop-up saying that my account was logged in on another machine.

I have changed my password and turned on that security code thing for it to send me an email whenever I log in. Is there anything else I can do to ensure that my account is 100% safe?

Message 1 of 9 (13,776 Views)

★★★★ Expert

This is actually a bug,sometime happen after a new patch.

Gamer only using one computer to log in also get this message,after changing the password,issues disappear,but for some gamers,the message resurface after a few days again.

I think what you do is more than enough,but make sure you log out properly everytime,

because Origin didn't detect your last logout/shutdown correctly, and therefore thinks you're still online.

Hope this helps
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 Cheers 。---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
► ✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others & all . Click XP for my effort in helping! ◄

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin. Questions belong in the forums,Solution is like medicine,same medicine/solution may not work on same problem.I'm helping you because I'm also a victim of EA for releasing their half baked products to us,gamers.

I don't answer questions via PM.  AHQ is "Player-to-Player" technical self-help forum

Message 2 of 9 (13,732 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After googling this, I see it's been an issue for a while (a couple of years).  EA, why don't you fix this instead of causing people to be alarmed for nothing?  It's called customer service.  

Message 3 of 9 (13,543 Views)

★★★ Novice

This behavior is not fixable by EA as far as I can tell:

Origin appears to use the IP address your computer access the internet with as its main method of identifying you.

This IP address changes from time to time: The provider typically reassigns IP addresses every 24 hours, routers may reset due to firmware updates or bugs, etc.  

... and for me, the Origin "your account is in use on another computer" always shows up at the same time as the "internet connection unavailable" notification in the tray.

(There was a Privacy shitstorm against Origin a couple of years ago, so it's unlikey they're going to switch to other methods, as these would require Origin to send MAC addresses or hardware details, which would cause the next privacy shitstorm.)

Steam seems to use a more sophisticated method of identifying the customers' machines - I believe they send hardware profiles, but then, they haven't had as many 'privacy' shitstorms to deal with as Origin.

Message 4 of 9 (12,328 Views)

★★ Novice

This behavior is not fixable by EA as far as I can tell:

So then why is there never a problem with steam?

This has been going on for years and years!

FIX IT!

Steam never ever has problems but Origin has problems all the time!

Message 5 of 9 (10,002 Views)

★★★ Expert

If it only happened once, and you didn't get the pop up again, your account is fine, it was probably just an IP Address change, directed by your ISP's dynamic IP Address system. That's normal.

If it repeated, quickly after you logged back in, logging you out again almost instantly, it may have been an attempted hack on your account.

Read Keeping your Account Secure. Make sure you know how to minimize the chance of having your account hacked.

Also, you can open Origin, click on the word Origin at the top, choose EA Account and Billing and, check the information there to see if anything has changed that you did not change, if there is a game in your recent purchase history that you did not buy, etc....

Message 6 of 9 (10,000 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ACLOCK

I can verify that this is not an Origin problem, but that your account has been hacked. Please read through our article on maintaining account safety and then reach out to an EA Advisor.

Message 7 of 9 (9,986 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have to agree there must be a way to resolve this so people like me don't get paranoid over our account being hacked lol.

Message 8 of 9 (9,053 Views)

★★ Novice
Because EA doesn't give a * about Customer Support. Origin has been trash since it came out.
Message 9 of 9 (6,222 Views)