Re: Origin Account Hacked

by EA_Nils

Original Post

★★ Novice
I also had 4 games purchased with my saved credit information. Watchdogs, Far Cry 4, FIFA15, and Assassin's Creed Unity. The call back time said 1010 minutes...

I was able to log in and change my password, add the verification code and cancelled my credit card. Still need to have these purchases removed. I was also unable to delete my card info from within my account settings.
Message 21 of 28 (467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Whoever did it also changed my security question and I've been waiting for 4 hours for support to call me.  This is simply unacceptable.

edit:  I was told the wait would be roughly 120 minutes.  Obviously that wasn't accurate.

Message 22 of 28 (454 Views)

★ Apprentice

@msodfuhsdiuhnsdi wrote:

Whoever did it also changed my security question and I've been waiting for 4 hours for support to call me.  This is simply unacceptable.

edit:  I was told the wait would be roughly 120 minutes.  Obviously that wasn't accurate.

When I made my ticket this morning I was told 7 minutes, its been three hours, clearly that was wrong. 

Message 23 of 28 (444 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't even make a ticket to get my primary account back. The site has some crash of failure at every attempt to make a ticket.

Message 24 of 28 (396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem.

Message 25 of 28 (395 Views)

★★★ Newbie

IF WE COULD GET AHOLD OF AN ADVISOR WE WOULD!  I've been waiting for several hours for a reply and a call after following your stupid help advice link.  GUESS WHAT!  I'VE STILL NOT HEARD BACK!  This problem is on your companies side!  But yet it seems like we are the ones getting screwed here!

Message 26 of 28 (391 Views)

★★ Novice

Its safe to say that this is an Origin issue since everybody had their credit card saved and only Origin games were bought or tried to be bought. They really need to do something about this. Im telling myself at the moment that my money havnt be returned due to the hacking flood that has happend this december.

Anyone got their money back to their bank yet?

Message 27 of 28 (385 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hello everyone,

Privacy and security of your account information are of the utmost importance to us. While we found no indication of a breach of our Origin account database, we do take this seriously and we are actively investigating your reports.

Please read our linked update here for more information on how to get in touch with us for assistance.

Note: I will be closing this thread now and marking it as resolved in order to increase its visibility. Please reply in the linked thread instead if you still have any questions after reading the update.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 28 of 28 (849 Views)