Origin API

by grzemach

Original Post

Re: Origin API

★★★★ Apprentice

Every time I want to do something cool on our clan website I check Steam first.. yes it's possible, then I check if I can get the same info from Origin, nope. Still no API. EA, get with the program please. There is a reason you aren't very well liked.

Message 21 of 27 (4,252 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hopefully EA will eventually release a public API like the rest of their competitors. I actually like some of the things Origin does, but this is definitely a standing issue. Hard to play in the same sandbox with someone who doesn't share their toys.

In the meantime, I've heard rumors that the folks over at GAMACY are developing a workaround to this. I certainly hope so!  Standard smile

Message 22 of 27 (4,071 Views)

★ Guide

exophase.com have added tracking support for Origin

Message 23 of 27 (4,064 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You don't need a "public api" you can use Fiddler to inspect all of the URL's and their payload to the Origin API. The origin client just pulls in the website and makes API calls to authenticate and set a session cookie. If I was going to do it I'd build a new client using Electron framework so that the webpage would scale correctly on high DPI monitors. EA chose to roll their implementation using QT which is just way more work than necessary. They essentially started making their hammers rather than going to Home Depot and buying one.

Message 24 of 27 (3,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

One thing that frequently falls onto the game community to do or to pick up is organizing PUGs. After playing the demo of Anthem this weekend I became interested in perhaps utilizing a public API to allow people to [1] find players to group up with, [2] send friend requests if necessary to [3] group up in game. It would be great if we were able to create simple utility apps like this so PUGs are more viable. I'm a 32 year old gamer and it's hard to play any game consistently with my real life friends for a bunch of reasons: different platform, different play times, totally different level of commitment to the game.

I could be wrong, but within the game's UI I did not see a way to find groups based on any sort of criteria. You can set out on an expedition by yourself, or invite your friends. But that's it. There wasn't any matchmaking - for any criteria.

Until the industry comes together and solves this problem themselves, the community needs to build these services our per game. EA offering the public API (i.e. detailing the private API and giving us the OK to use a portion of it) would go a long way for us.

Message 25 of 27 (3,319 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any updates on this?

Message 26 of 27 (2,113 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @BulgarianHealer,

There is no new information to share on this front for a public facing Origin API tool. Please see our accepted solution from 2013. Standard smile 

@EA_Dennis wrote:

At the moment Origin does not provide a public facing API for such purposes. 

If or when this might change in the future is currently unknown.

I'll close this thread here to limit necroposting. 

Thank you. 

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 27 of 27 (2,059 Views)