Re: Origin API

by Humanimal70

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

We don't want to rule this out for the future, but as of this time we don't have any updates.

Message 11 of 27 (4,044 Views)

★★ Novice

Bump.. Would be a nice feature to see!!

Message 12 of 27 (3,971 Views)

★ Guide

Hi there,

Would definitely like a public API for Origin so we can gather achievements and stats together into one place like:

exophase.com

astats.nl

metagamerscore.com

Kind regards

Message 13 of 27 (3,883 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Origin

It is really a shame you don´t have an open API, it would bump up your reputation and help you get more customers.

The first version of the API could have the following features:

• Get a list of matches
  • Get a match
  • Get match details

I really hope this is a feature you will make soon. 

Best regards
Benjamin

Message 14 of 27 (3,691 Views)

Community Manager

@bandersen_DK Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for your interest. We still have no news on this front, but we will keep you posted should this change in the future.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 15 of 27 (3,685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

To be honest. Right now i don't really care about it any more (my first post was 3 YEARS AGO). I had nice idea to make some nice page with support of Origin - and i understand you don't have interest in doing that. So why i need to worry?
After 6 month from my first post i had drop idea i had...

Message 16 of 27 (3,680 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I have used Steam for over a year and 4 days ago I put money into my Steam Walletfor the first time and made a purchase for Astro Lords Oort Cloud.

The next day I had an in game email asking if I wanted help with anything and if i did to send a screen capture of my unfinished quest list and a link to a screen capture program.

Windows has had an inbuilt screen capture since win 98 that I know of (maybe earlier) and so has Ubuntu Linux since I started using it in 2008.

I did a search for that website and found that it was an exploit for steam / unity api combination that gave access to payment methods for both.

When i didnt reply to the in game message the next day Astro Lords and all other steam games gave me nothing but grief.

Accessable api's without the propper protection are BIG security holes. THAT IS WHY Origin are not releasing their API (and if they do, and do not put the propper limits in it) then they have lost me (and anyone else that has had the same problems and knows WHY as a customer.

Steam is gone from my computer and I am not going to trust Unity games either

Unity is only giving their API to TRUSTED Long Lasting Developers because they dont want to lose customers like Steam is

Message 17 of 27 (3,644 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I said that Unity in the last part and I meant Origin. So sorry for the mistake / any confusion

Message 18 of 27 (3,638 Views)

★ Guide

Necromancer....

Would be fantastic to track Origin achievements alongside Steam, PSN, Xbox etc, c'mon EA there are hundreds of thousands of achievement hunters out there and a number of achievement tracking sites, seems a shame to leave Origin on the backburner behind other platforms

Message 19 of 27 (3,059 Views)

★★★ Novice

Any news here? We still have no api?

Message 20 of 27 (2,916 Views)