Re: For God's sake somebody help me.

by Doidorotto

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin - 0xC00007B Error

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm with error 0xc00007b on Origin since I formatted the computer and put the Windows 10. I have already installed all versions of Microsoft C ++, from 2008 to 2013, all versions of .NET Framework. DirectX updated. Drivers video card and motherboard to date. I have already put all DLL packages that I found on the Internet related to this error. Already I reinstalled the Origin more times this week than every time you installed it since I bought my first game from EA. In other words, I've tried everything, every "solution" on the internet. I really need help. The only way I could open the Origin was in older versions, which is available on DVD Mass Effect 3, but if you use this version I can not install my Dragon Age Inquisition. Please, somebody help me.

Message 1 of 16 (769 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Doidorotto

Thanks for your reply. I am happy to hear that you managed to solve the problem!

To make things a bit more clear: I am actually a (paid) official representative of EA and not just a volunteer. But note that the official EA moderators on this forum such as myself won't have the opportunity to help everyone immediately. In those cases, other players or volunteers on these boards might jump in and answer your question. However, for anyone to get to your question it would help if the title of your topic states what the issue is that you're experiencing. 

As for how you managed to solve your issue: if you have to replace DLL files on your system, especially in the System32 folder, then you are looking at problems with the Windows installation, your user account or the Windows registry. You managed to solve the issue by downloading and replacing those damaged or missing files from the internet. But beware, if you download such files from unknown sources on the internet you might be adding malware onto your system. Creating a new Windows User or performing a System Refresh as I mentioned would be the safe way to resolve the issue.

Thanks again for coming back to us and letting us know that your issue is solved. I hope that I managed to clear up how this forum works. Lastly, I won't mark your post as a solution because as mentioned downloading files from an unknown source on the internet could cause serious harm to a system. I would rather recommend to users that they restore their files in a safe and traditional manner.

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (712 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

<Deleted. This comment was made by someone that hacked my account.>

Message 2 of 16 (738 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Unfortunately not. I've tried this solution there several times. As I said, I have all versions of VC Redistributable ... 2008-2013.
Unfortunately, not solved.

Message 3 of 16 (713 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Doidorotto

Have you tried both the x86 and x64 versions? You are probably missing either of these if you still get this error message. Make sure that you also reboot your system afterwards.

Message 4 of 16 (704 Views)

★ Apprentice

No, Tom.

I don't miss nothing.

I have all versions of VC Redistributable, in x86 and x64.

Message 5 of 16 (692 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow silence. The guy has a heading screaming out for help. It's on the top of the forum list, it cannot be overlooked. The issue is clearly defined and we see what response from EA?

Get your act together.

P.S This response is on topic, has no use of bad language, and has recorded by screen shot. Should negative feedback be deleted by EA moderators, a copy of before and after will be posted on social media and within forums belonging to EA competitors.

Please also note that failure to provide support is currently being documented as evidence by the ACCC into consumer complaints for online sales of Video Entertainment Software in Australia.

Now someone from EA do their job and resolve this customer issue. Pick up your game.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 16 (677 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@TheJolleyDodger wrote:

Wow silence. The guy has a heading screaming out for help. It's on the top of the forum list, it cannot be overlooked. The issue is clearly defined and we see what response from EA?

Get your act together.

P.S This response is on topic, has no use of bad language, and has recorded by screen shot. Should negative feedback be deleted by EA moderators, a copy of before and after will be posted on social media and within forums belonging to EA competitors.

Please also note that failure to provide support is currently being documented as evidence by the ACCC into consumer complaints for online sales of Video Entertainment Software in Australia.

Now someone from EA do their job and resolve this customer issue. Pick up your game.

Thank you.

Answer Headquarters is a player helping player forum. Those of us who are here, do so in our own free time, as we are not employees of EA nor do we get paid for helping. If you need help, and you can't find it here, you can always contact a paid game advisor at https://help.ea.com . On Answer Headquarters the help you get depends on the level of expertise of the person helping and whether or not they play the game in question. 

Message 7 of 16 (665 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@TheJolleyDodger

I think you are misunderstanding how this website works. Our main help portal is EA Help, which players are free to use at all times to get a dedicated response to their question. Should you post your question on AHQ, either a community member or an EA moderator will try to answer your question but won't always be able to.

As you can see the users has already received two responses. To my knowledge an 0xc00007b issue is directly related to VC++ not being installed properly on a system, or the installations not being properly recognized by the Windows installation. Therefore, the responses were also appropriate.

Note that we want to maintain a pleasurable atmosphere for users within this community. Posting threats like you did are therefore not appreciated; they don't actually add anything to this particular conversation, or to the community. Should you continue to post further comments like this I will simply remove them.

Lastly, we would like to encourage you to help out your fellow players if you know the answer to their questions. Instead of asking us to respond (which we already did), why not help out yourself?

@Doidorotto

If the issue persists then there might be a corruption on your Windows installation or user profile. You could try the following:

Message 8 of 16 (653 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Good Morning, @Straatford87
So, I see no reason to create a new user account in my Windows, since I am the only person using the PC and it has been recently formatted.

I do not know why do the System Refresh since, again, the PC was formatted shortly.
My versions of MS C ++ were installed with the software mentioned in the first topic response, that video in the post of @Printendo.
Check errors: i already made it through the prompt (as administrator) with the sfc/scannow and I found nothing that has not been corrected.

CCLeaner, I use and use whenever I try a new installation and troubleshooting. Finally, these solutions or seem unnecessary or that have already been made. =/

Message 9 of 16 (639 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply. I understand the 'stated charter' of this forum, but I also recognize the actual purpose it serves. This forum is promoted directly via the EA Origin service. It is also heavily pushed on EA Help ( https://help.ea.com) as EA's preferred path for consumers. Why?

The Answers Forum is a convenient way for EA to provide limited support to consumers without EA having to actually pay money towards those costs. It also mitigates against certain risks. I am certain that EA management are happy to find solutions that covering their moral & legal obligations to provide technical support (but at no cost to themselves)... It is also useful that any warranted criticism of that support can be deflected because it can be perceived unfair being critical of work done out of 'charity' of unpaid people... This concept may be thought genius by EA Executives - but the trick does not fool anyone. EA Origin has an obligation to provide service and support. The fact that this forum is promoted by the company means it should live up to that task (the fact you are not paid is completely irrelevant).

So let us now have a look at EA Help by viewing their Service Level Agreements (SLA) offered shall we? Can we see any documented metrics that EA staff should comply with regards to managing Support Tickets? I can't find them, perhaps you can point out where on the website it states what response times and resolution times are offered to consumers... All responsible service desks have measurable metrics - Or perhaps EA don't have any structure for support for a reason? So that they cannot be criticised for failing to meet those expectations?

Should we have a look at the number of issues that have not been resolved or the number of queries not even acknowledged...

Please tell us all again that the criticism I have stated here is unfair.

Message 10 of 16 (593 Views)