Re: Orgin "Download Error" won't allow any me access to ANY of my games for more than a we

by RosieSoCosy

Original Post

Re: Orgin "Download Error" won't allow any me access to ANY of my games for more than a we

★★ Apprentice

There are too many people who have this problem, so I seriously doubt they would let that happen. Patience.

Message 41 of 301 (1,748 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Crinrict sent me here.

Came here to share my details and what I've tried so far.

Let me just start off saying that I had nearly everything on my Origin account installed previously. Monday I reinstalled Windows 8 (my computer had gotten really slow, and with The Sims 4 approaching I wanted to make sure to have a clean and fast system). On Tuesday I upgraded to Windows 8.1. After this I started installing applications such as Origin. Then during the afternoon I decided to start installing some games. I started with BurnOut Paradise, and after about 20 seconds where it was "preparing to download" I got the message:

Download Error
We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later.

I tried it again and again, and again, and again. I tried different games, like Plants vs. Zombies. And The Sims 3 base game. All got the same error message.

At first I suspected it had something to do with me reinstalling Windows. But after spending an entire afternoon and night Googling for solutions, things to try, I still had the same problem.

I tried logging into my account on my boyfriend's computer, which is in the same network, and has the same OS as myself. And on his computer I still had the same issues downloading games. Whereas on that same computer, the boyfriend has NO issues downloading games through Origin on his own account. It just doesn't make any sense.

I ended up contacting the (US) helpdesk, mind you it was midnight! It took about three attempts but the last Game Advisor was very helpful. He explained to me my account was safe. It was a known issue with the Origin servers and it should be resolved eventually. I asked when I could try again. At that time it was nearly 2am I think. I asked if I could try again in about 10 hours, which the game advisor told me was okay. Now yesterday afternoon (way past those 10 hours I was going for initially) I tried to download another game. Nope. Not working. Last night I tried it again. Not working. I tried it this morning. Not working. It's past noon now, just tried it again. And guess what? Not working!

Crinrict gave me a tip to try, which was to boot to safe mode with networking. Also didn't do anything for me. Still the same error.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Origin. I've tried Origin beta. I've tried changing computers. I've tried safe mode with networking. I've tried contacting the helpdesk. I've tried contacting Origin Insider. I've also run the app as administrator, but that didn't help either. I've tried more but I can't even remember all the things.

I don't want this. I spent thousands of Euro's on my account. I own ALL the Sims games/expansions/stuff packs/worlds and nearly everything in The Sims 3 store. I own a bunch of other games too. And I'm getting a bit tired of this. I just want it to work.

Here is the error in the client log:

OriginServiceResponse QNetworkReply error code [299] error string : [Error downloading XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX?productId=OFB-EAST:48217&userId=2284552574 - server replied: Conflict] HTTP status code [409] X-Origin-Ops [iarMWfkFq5vq7K9GC36COkRsp4kWKbSH4hUGcvzHbDE=%0A] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Failed with REST error code 15002 error string: Cause: NOT_OWNED
ContentInstallFlowDiP: errortype = 65538, errorDesc = The install flow was unable to retrieve the content's JIT URL, errorcode = 15002

Here are my specs:

iMac mid 2011 27"

• Intel core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz
  • 12GB RAM
  • 64-bit OS, x64-based processor
  • AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series

Running Bootcamp with Windows 8.1 Professional

My drivers are up to date.

My hardware is functioning correctly.

I would like to highlight again that Origin ran fine until a couple of days ago. If I hadn't reinstalled Windows (and therefore reinstalled Origin) I probably wouldn't have noticed any of the issues.

I am currently residing in The Netherlands.

I also don't use any proxies.

Case 13742405 

Report ID 067f43ce800124d2

Message 42 of 301 (1,743 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this same problem. I can't download any game from my Origin account. I have spent countless of hours trying to fix the issue and I have come to the conclusion the problem isn't with my computer. I say this because my boyfriend can log in to his Origin account on my computer and download the games I have difficulties with without any trouble. Also, my account doesn't work on his computer either even though there is no trouble when logging in with his account.

Customer support couldn't help me at all, they basically asked me to wait and see if it resolves on it's own. This is very frustrating since it feels like my account is in a weird limbo state where it kind of exists but isn't recognized when it tries to connect to download a game.

Message 43 of 301 (1,696 Views)

Community Manager

Heya everyone,

Thank you all for the reports, we have gathered and passed these on. They will assist us greatly with our investigation. As soon as we receive an update, we will let you guys know.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 44 of 301 (1,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I purchased sims 3 master suite on june 7th.I can not download the game.I get error report etc.Would like to be able to download my game or get money returned to ea account,Thank you

Message 45 of 301 (1,653 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Honestly, I'd rather buy from Origin or a retailer to make sure the developers and game designers get their fair share for creating and maintaining great games. Some of my best friends are game developers and I know how hard they work to "get it right" and "make it fun". Confusedmileyvery-happy:

But given the choice between playing my game with COOL new content - or waiting in a cue for HOURS, talking to multiple people - explaining the SAME problem over and OVER and over again ...then going through every system diagnostic known to man ...only to end up frustrated and STILL unable to play ...all for 50-70% savings and 15% off my next purchase ... I'd rather play my game. Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 46 of 301 (1,564 Views)

★★ Novice

Just sent a report.The report # is   067bcdc280011b48

Message 47 of 301 (1,550 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

same here i have 7 games i cannot download , have done all the trouble shooting starting with makeing sure windows are updated, java, flash, uninsatlling origin reinstalling origin makeing sure origin is up to date  flushing the DNS checking the UAC  the game prepares  to dl then i get the error please check your internet , at the bottom of th eorign normally while dl'ing would be a status bar there is no status bar edit to add also did  run as admin

report ID 067bccb180011b46

no status in lower bar.pngdr.png

Message 48 of 301 (1,550 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I Been having this problem too, because I reformatted my PC and now I want to reinstall my origin games. And I keep getting the same download error as everyone here for about a week now. This is ridiculous!! I talked to ea support they keep saying its the activation issue and it was resolved, when that clearly was a lie since people are still having this problem downloading and activating games. I want my money back. I have had these games for years and this account I didn't just buy the Sims 3 yesterday.

Message 49 of 301 (1,487 Views)

★★ Novice

hello

Im from the netherlands and i have the same problem  for more than a week now

cant download  any game from origin.

At the  same pc i  made  an other account and that one is working. So it cant be my  pc.

As  many others i have all my sims3 there, but cant play any of them

i will  send my report too and hope it will  be fixed soon

Message 50 of 301 (1,440 Views)