Orgin missing text in English

by Nagisa-Zero

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Orgin missing text in English

★★ Novice

Other than the left side bar in the Orgin client I'm missing all text on buttons, in drop downs and other fields. Except for which language I want the client in. As long as its in english its blank once I switch it to any other language all text is there but in a language I don't understand. Once I switch back to english  all the text goes back to being blank. I've reinstalled Orgin a few times but same issues persists. I've tried Googleing other options but so far nothing has helped

Message 1 of 11 (2,041 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Orgin missing text in English

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

That can't be the issue because Edge is my default browser and i'm having the exact same issue as you since this morning.

Update - Switching to another language and back to English fixed the text for me, so it's definitely not related to the browser. I think it's just something to do with the servers being bogged down due to E3/free origin access weekend.

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (2,415 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Found a possible fix at least in my situation.
I have Chrome set as Default web browser, I changed it to Edge (Since I'm on Windows 10) and restarted Orgin and it worked. 

While still logged into Orgin I changed Chrome back to default web browser and Orgin continued to work until I restarted Orgin then it had the same exact issue. Which setting Edge back as default and restarting Orgin fixed it.
So it looks like Orgin uses some sort of setting in what ever the default browser is. Which from my perspective Orgin has some compatibility issues with Chrome set as default.

Message 2 of 11 (1,974 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

That can't be the issue because Edge is my default browser and i'm having the exact same issue as you since this morning.

Update - Switching to another language and back to English fixed the text for me, so it's definitely not related to the browser. I think it's just something to do with the servers being bogged down due to E3/free origin access weekend.

Message 3 of 11 (2,416 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you for that tip.  After selecting another language, restarting Origin, selecting English and then restarting again, the options are now populating.

Been going crazy the last couple of days with this issue.  My right-click game menus have been blank. I normally right-click and select Play on my games but have been just selecting the 1st blank option to work around this.

Message 4 of 11 (1,899 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem! Origin was working fine last week, but then I had to do a fresh clean install of Win 10. Reinstalled Origin last night, and having the same invisible text problem, AND amazingly slow download speeds. For example, started ME:A download last night and 13 hours later it is 46%!

i tried all the things on the forum for slow downloads, and nothing worked. Tried the steps above for the text problem, and it seems very intermittent. One time it worked, then went back to blank. Pulling my hair out over these two issues, especially given a clean Win Install with very little else running.

Message 5 of 11 (1,883 Views)

★ Novice

I went into the Origin menu and told it to reload page, and this cleared up the problem for me. 

Message 6 of 11 (1,804 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks.  I was having the same issue and that fixed it.

Message 7 of 11 (1,618 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had this issue too, not sure which fixed it tho. I reloaded and that didnt help then i changed off eglish and back and that didnt help. So i reloaded the page again and it worked. 

Message 8 of 11 (1,611 Views)

★★★ Novice

didnt help me

Message 9 of 11 (1,574 Views)

★★★ Novice

Didnt help me

Message 10 of 11 (1,573 Views)