Re: Orgin bad image error

by JibbsqaziYT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Orgin bad image error

★★★ Novice

Hello i have started getting below error messege

My Error:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.

I have tried the mentioned troubleshooting but it is not working i need help already contacted ea chat services and the troubleshooting steps they gave me also didnt work i need to get back to apex legends and i am competitive player please help

Message 1 of 6 (438 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Hey I just resolved my issue with below simple solution given to be by other forum member Holger1405 thanks for your time it is working now Standard smile

• Press the Windows Key and "i" at the same time > Apps.
  • Scroll down until you see "Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable"
  • Uninstall all 2013 versions. (Only the 2013 versions)
  • Restart the PC.
  • Go here and download the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable" packages.  (Both, the x86 and the x64 versions)
  • Install both versions, x86 and the x64 version running the installer as Administrator (Right click the installer > Run as an Administrator)
  • Reboot > Test

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (333 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @JibbsqaziYT  the issue "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error" is caused by running an out of date VC++ installation. It can be resolved by manually running the installer from the Origin installation folder - the default location for this folder is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

From this folder, run one of both files:

• vcredist_x86_vs2015 (for 32bit Windows version)
  • vcredist_x64_vs2015 (for 64bit Windows version)
  •  

If you get the message that the files are already installed, select Repair instead. It is recommended to run the installer as administrator (right-click the file, select run as admin).

You can also find the latest files on the Microsoft website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

It's also worth trying the following steps to see if they help:

Clean up junk files:

• Press Windows key + R.
  • Type cleanmgr and hit Enter.
  • Then select OS partition (CStandard smile and press OK.
  • Mark the Setup log files, Recycle bin, and Temporary files.
  • Select Clean up System Files and wait for the process to finish.

Check your system files:

• Press Windows + X .
  • Click Command Prompt (Admin) to open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
  • Enter sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
  • When the SFC scan is complete, the Command Prompt might state, “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.” If that’s the case, restart Windows.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Darkoi did try all the three steps mentioned above still not resolved.I am frustrated now, why is this so complicated 

Message 3 of 6 (392 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @JibbsqaziYT I know it's not ideal but the error you are seeing is related to your OS and not to Origin. When you did the steps I posted above did you see any error message pop up? If so, were they the same ones you saw before or were they different ones?

Can you grab me a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (365 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey I just resolved my issue with below simple solution given to be by other forum member Holger1405 thanks for your time it is working now Standard smile

• Press the Windows Key and "i" at the same time > Apps.
  • Scroll down until you see "Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable"
  • Uninstall all 2013 versions. (Only the 2013 versions)
  • Restart the PC.
  • Go here and download the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable" packages.  (Both, the x86 and the x64 versions)
  • Install both versions, x86 and the x64 version running the installer as Administrator (Right click the installer > Run as an Administrator)
  • Reboot > Test
Message 5 of 6 (334 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @JibbsqaziYT.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (280 Views)