Opening Update Error - Sims 4

by PalmPixie

Original Post

Opening Update Error - Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I just bought the game today, installed it, went to play it and it said there was an update needing to be installed.

However, no matter how many times I try to install it, it always comes up with an error.

I checked on "can I run it" and they said I had the minimum requirements on this laptop to run it.

I would really like to play this game, I uninstalled all my sims 3 games and expanion packs, I restarted my computer, updated my flash player.

I just don't know what to do anymore.  

Please help!

Message 1 of 8 (365 Views)

Re: Opening Update Error - Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I installed and played the sims 4 for quite a few hours but when I installed the update, the same thing happened to me.  It will only install about 89% of it and then the "update fails".  I can't play the game.  So frusterating.  I should have not relied on origin.

Message 2 of 8 (362 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Ca-n you try restarting Orign as an administrator and check again? If that has no effect, try reinstalling Origin.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 8 (348 Views)

★★★ Newbie
See I even uninstalled and reinstalled sims 4 and origin I just don't know if it's a glitch or if it's my computer...
Message 4 of 8 (336 Views)

Community Manager

Perhaps there is a block in place from your security software, either the firewall or anti-virus. Check the exceptions lists for both the game and Origin. It might be worth removing and re-adding them, just to be sure.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 8 (328 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How would I check blockings in Orgin?
I've already uninstalled everything and tried again.
Message 6 of 8 (317 Views)

Community Manager

To check your exceptions, you can consult your firewall/AV tutorials, but it's usually pretty simple. 

For example if you're using the Windows Firewall you can use the tutorial here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/communicate-through-windows-firewall#1TC=windows-7

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 8 (307 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just downloaded it on my grandmas high model computer. Took several hours cause it for some reason downloaded via internet rather than the disk that was within it.

I'll try and play tonight and see what it's all about.
Message 8 of 8 (298 Views)