Re: Online login with Origin currently unavailable

by FruitNibbler

Original Post

Online login with Origin currently unavailable

★★★ Novice

Hi all, 

Im sure you wont be able to help me but I have tried everything now - but origin keeps telling me that I online login is unavailable.

I have  checked and servers are up so no issue. I have added into my firewall.  I have no anti virus as I have removed this to see if this was the issue.  I have re downloaded the origin from the website (i.e. I have uninstalled and reinstalled) Yet still nothing has worked. 

I am on windows 8, not sure if that helps.  Not sure what else I can do - it was working happily until about 3 days ago

Thanks

Loupy 

Message 1 of 8 (1,905 Views)

★★★ Novice

Currently having this issue.

Played BF4, teft Origin on and took a shower, came back to see that it couldnt access Origin/Battlelog anymore... Reboot does nothing. 

Win 8.1
latest Origin (even reinstalled Origin)
all drivers up-to-date
Origin server is up
Battlelog is up

Message 2 of 8 (1,870 Views)

★★★ Novice

Scratch that, its now online...

Wonder what happened...

Message 3 of 8 (1,867 Views)

★★★ Novice

Shame had hope mine would work -  sadly still getting same message

Message 4 of 8 (1,858 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ive read further and it says ports need to be open - I have done this - still to no avail still says I am unable to login as online login is not available

Message 5 of 8 (1,854 Views)

★★★ Novice

i had the same problem yesterday my account whas chanced back to admin again and problem solved but today i try and login again and bam offline modus again!

this program origin is the problem i have done all the ports added it in virus scanner firewall etc etc etc

but still problem is there Frown

Message 6 of 8 (1,844 Views)

★★★ Novice

Running out of options - seems I will have to ask EA (sigh) - wish I knew why it just stopped working for no resason what so ever

Message 7 of 8 (1,836 Views)

★★★★ Novice

1.  Check your system time, set it to a correct time and date for your location

2. Add Origin to the list of exceptions in your Firewall / Antvirus / Antispyware

Win-Firewall 

Press "Start" type "Firewall" select "Windows-Firewall"

Then click "Allow a program to communicate through Windows Firewall*" > "Add Program" > find Origin in the list > Add > Ok 

*(type password/confirm if prompted)

Kasperski

Options  > Program Control > Programs > Electronic Arts > Origin > Exceptions Tab > Do Not inspect Network Flow > Ok > Ok > Accept

3. If you don't know what cmd.exe and Netsh Advfirewall Firewall meanjust skip this and proceed to №4

See if your Origin port (80,443) or IP adresses have a Blocking Rule in cmd.exe

Simply delete this blocking rule.

4. Manually uninstall Origin

All the instructions here: https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-origin

> Then make a backup copy of the file  "hosts" located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

(save the backup copy anywhere you want, it is only to restore in case of errors)

(however if you copy to the same folder, it has to have a different name:"hosts_backup" for example)

Open the original "hosts" located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc with Notepad (right click "open with...")

and delete everyhing except what has # symbol in front and these 2 lines:

127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com
::1 localhost

Save the changes

Download the latest Origin version 

BUT DO NOT INSTALL IT: THIS IS IMPORTANT IF YOU WANT TO AVOID OTHER KNOWN PROBLEMS!!!

Disconnect from the internet, TURN OFF Firewall and any Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware you have.

> Install Origin

(DO NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER FILES BECAUSE YOUR PROTECTION IS OFF, ONLY STRICTLY INSTALL ORIGIN)

(* ... I WARNED YOU)

TURN ON your Anti-Spyware/Anti-Virus and Firewall ! ! !  > Restart your PC > Update Origin 

5. Enjoy!  

Signature:

Let's all be Fwends, Life is so lovely yet too short to waste it on hate!

FruitNibbler

Message 8 of 8 (720 Views)