Re: Online login is currently unavailable

by Annarata

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have contacted Origin about this and they said that it is just caused by the fact that too many people are using Origin online. So really no one can get on if it says that. I just got my lap top and was super excited to install The Sims 3 but it sad that online login was currently unavaliable. It is weird becuase on my lap top it says this, but on my ten year old computer it will let me login online. I don't know if the real reson is that too many people are using Origin online, but they told me to keep checking and within the next 24 hours if it won't let me login I must contact them again. :/

Message 11 of 16 (1,125 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is rubbish mine worked perfectly and I could play sims 3 which I spent a lot of money on until around the 27th then sims suddenly started crashong so they told me to do some stuff to it and restart, when i did this low and behold origin stopped working i have had this problem now since then. i have tried everything from flushing my dns, reinstalling origin and all the other things they told me to do and still no luck. It is getting really annoying now.

People shouldn't be able to sell things that don't work.

Message 12 of 16 (807 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The most frustrating part to me is the official silence. Clearly this is a widespread issue, as both this forum and the bugs and issues forums are littered with threads about it, but there's no official resoulution, response, or even general acknowledgement that 'hey yeah, we see that a lot of you are having this issue, we're looking into it.'

Communication goes a long way when it comes to customer confidence.

Edit:

Kinda annoying, but the fix posted by the OP from this thread did work for me.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Solved-Origin-login-is-currently-unavailable/m-p/1666969/highlight/t...

Message 13 of 16 (805 Views)

★ Novice

@raowarriror thanks alot

Message 14 of 16 (773 Views)

★★ Novice

Replacing the hosts file worked for me!

I also tried deleting my certificates in the system registry, and making sure my system time was current, but those fixes could work for someone else perhaps!

Message 15 of 16 (689 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its not working for me what can i do

Message 16 of 16 (472 Views)