Re: One computer, multiple origin accounts

by RO-R1V4L

Original Post

Accepted Solution

One computer, multiple origin accounts

★ Novice

So, i hope I'm not reintroducing a topic, but I couldn't find the answer.

The thing is, we have a computer at home that is mostly used by my sister using her origin account. I reinstated my origin account in my pc, but I want to play on her computer (better than mine, basically). 

The question is: can we have multiple accounts logged on in the origin app, or do we have to log off/log in every time we want to play a game. Please note that we don't want to play the same games, it's purely so that I can continue my progression in the game.

Thank you so much and i hope yo hear from you guys soon!

Message 1 of 7 (14,424 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Dragon_R0 

It's absolutely okay to use two EA accounts on one PC, but I'm afraid there's no quick way to switch users on Origin Embarrassed You will have to log out from one account and then log into another every time. However, the progression will indeed be kept separable, even if you both would be playing the same games Standard smile

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (14,377 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Dragon_R0 

It's absolutely okay to use two EA accounts on one PC, but I'm afraid there's no quick way to switch users on Origin Embarrassed You will have to log out from one account and then log into another every time. However, the progression will indeed be kept separable, even if you both would be playing the same games Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 7 (14,378 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You should improve Origin to have Steam functionality, because Steam can do all these things while Origin can't do it. Just answering "no, you can't" isn't helping the customers!

Message 3 of 7 (13,739 Views)

★★ Novice

True talk. Too many restrictions on origin 

Message 4 of 7 (13,526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Origin is TRASH, no wonder is made by EA 

Message 5 of 7 (10,142 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

As of 2022 there are Steam pc/mac gaming since account members that are viewing Steam instead being trash in comparison/contrast to Origin and other pc/mac gaming systems such as Origin so to me it might in truth all be relative according to perspectives.

Message 6 of 7 (4,159 Views)

Community Manager

Hi Everyone, 

This post has gotten pretty old at this point, I will be locking it to prevent further necro posting. If you run into an issue with Origin/EA App or an EA game please make a new post detailing what you're running into and we can provide any relevant information. 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 7 of 7 (4,142 Views)