Re: One Xbox Live connection to EA accout in a lifetime

by McTobe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

One Xbox Live connection to EA accout in a lifetime

★★ Novice

Long story short, I accidentaly connected the wrong Xbox Live gamertag to my account.

This due to my microsoft account having two xbox tags connected to it and some speedy clicking while the food delivery was ringing the door.

So I contacted support and learned that they could not do anything, you may only have one tag connected to a unique account per lifetime.

Such a ridiculous policy... So the solution is make another throwaway account I guess.

Is there any way to circumvent this policy or am I doomed to make an alt account for just my xbox use?

Cause having to make another EA account is not an acceptable solution... 

Message 1 of 6 (1,045 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
Hey @McTobe,

As you mentioned, currently each EA Account can only have one of each type of other platform account (Xbox, PSN, Steam, etc.) connected to it.

There's a bit more information available here, but I'm afraid this is not something that can be circumvented.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/
Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,024 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hey @McTobe,

As you mentioned, currently each EA Account can only have one of each type of other platform account (Xbox, PSN, Steam, etc.) connected to it.

There's a bit more information available here, but I'm afraid this is not something that can be circumvented.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/
Mako.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,025 Views)

★ Novice

A way of them making more money 

Message 3 of 6 (956 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the exact issue and have spent several hours on the phone/Live chat with multiple agents trying to even get the issue escalated.   I added an old 360 account to my EA years ago and recently wanted to update the account for my Xbox to the email attached to my PC Game pass so I can take advantage of the EA Play.   Well The End resolution the provide is to create a 2nd account and when you want to play the Game pass login to the new account and when you want to play one of your owned games to logout and into the older account.

I tried to get an detailed explanation as to why this is the Case for  a Billion Dollar company Like EA in 2021.  I was told that it was due to the complex nature of accounts. 

The agent even admitted to it being stupid on the phone call could not offer any solution and kept repeating himself tell he disconnected the call.  (Same situation on live chat)

Even though there are 100's of us complaining to them on Facebook, Twitter and this forum about this Stupid Policy  EA doesn't seem to care as the system is working as intended.

They do not control the system I was told and they were unable to get me to someone who can.

Seems EA just doesn't give a crap about the community or its customers.  They only respond to Greed

Message 4 of 6 (832 Views)

★★ Novice
@XL-PuDDing EA in a nutshell. Well I won't spend any more money on any of the EA titles for the time being. It's such a turnoff when a company can't help its customers...

And once again, having to make an alt account is not an acceptable solution. Seriously, it's insane.
Message 5 of 6 (802 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can’t see me to contact them to fix my account. So I am unable to play my new EASports game because my old Xbox Gamertag (which I haven’t used in forever) isn’t the same as my new one. Same email address. Such a weird policy. I don’t even play online against players so it is not like I am trying to cheat or whatever they are trying to prevent by doing this. 

Message 6 of 6 (649 Views)