Re: Offline gaming

by TallonHawkz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Offline gaming

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

This must have been already answered a hundred times over but I am at an internet café right now and at my parents house there is no internet. And every time I open Origin on my PC, I can't login because I am offline. SO I tried to go back to the café, login and to keep me signed in. But still it persists.

I am losing it right now,

Thank you.

Message 1 of 8 (679 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @irenemes

How to enable Offline Mode in Origin.

-you must log in once while online. This caches your account on your machine so you can log in while offline. If you acquire a new game, you'll want to log in once online to ensure your offline cache is up to date.

-you must launch any game you want to play once while online. This ensures the game is properly set up on that machine so it can thereafter be played in offline mode.

-now you should be able to log in while offline and play your games in offline mode.

NOTE your Origin client will stay in Offline Mode until you turn it back online from the same Origin menu. In addition to this, even if you had to close your client for any reason whatsoever and required entering your Username and Password again, you will not require a connection to the internet.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

Retired champion.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (843 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @irenemes

How to enable Offline Mode in Origin.

-you must log in once while online. This caches your account on your machine so you can log in while offline. If you acquire a new game, you'll want to log in once online to ensure your offline cache is up to date.

-you must launch any game you want to play once while online. This ensures the game is properly set up on that machine so it can thereafter be played in offline mode.

-now you should be able to log in while offline and play your games in offline mode.

NOTE your Origin client will stay in Offline Mode until you turn it back online from the same Origin menu. In addition to this, even if you had to close your client for any reason whatsoever and required entering your Username and Password again, you will not require a connection to the internet.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 8 (844 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Let me get this right.. this post was set up about a year ago... OMG 

Origin you really are like a cheap set of spanners from a dodgy internet conmpany... totally bl**dy useless, sort yourselves out.

So my network company made a boo boo and didn't send me a new router through with my upgrade, so I am going to be offline for at least a week.

Thats ok I thought.. I can still play, just means no online gaming.

Silly me,, i get my games from a set of incompetent (whatever they are.. people, [edit: profanity removed]) (prob shouldn't insult monkeys like this but hey ho).

So after burning my phone usage trailing the net, going through "possible" fix after possible fix, to play a game that "I PAID FOR" and is stored on "MY PC" I finally got it working,, and a night of gaming commenced..  yey.

Left Orgin set to "OFF LINE MODE"  so I could continue the following night < (that's a sing of intelligence Origin.. are you paying attention).... Logged in today and ... Oh no,, silly me,, I'm not online and the [edit: profanity removed] who I "PAY" money to have decided to remove all game access from my Origin library unless I am online... back to square one... Oh and I am going to have a week of this... [edit: profanity removed].. I'm now thinking of pulling all Money from Origin, closing all family accounts and going to just use Steam... cos you can play offline with Steam.

[edit: profanity removed]

Message 3 of 8 (547 Views)

@TallonHawkz

I edited your post a little. I guess you know why.

Offline mode works flawless for me, for several years now in fact.

If it don't works for you then there is a problem on your machine.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 8 (524 Views)

★ Apprentice

There was no profanities , i worded that quite well I thought,, not sure why an Iguana is a profanity.. it just a large lizard,  and is stupid too close to the truth for you to leave it there (sure you will edit those as well... lol)

And there is nothing wrong with my machine...  trust me the problem is your side.

I also saw the release of Elex coming and then worked out the cost of it .. £110 for a game is ridiculous for one household on one PC.. you really need to take in to account what parents have to pay for things.

I'm a very loyal person to companies and people I believe in and would rather vent things out to you so they can be sorted out, especially if its a bug in your system or an update that needs to be rolled out to fix something, and I didn't "F" blindly to do it .. that I often seem to read.. or maybe I should do.

Message 5 of 8 (487 Views)

@TallonHawkz

TallonHawkz wrote:

There was no profanities , i worded that quite well I thought,, not sure why an Iguana is a profanity..

It is not, unless you compare real people and EA employees to it.

And you know that very well, so lets stop with that kindergarten stuff.

TallonHawkz wrote:

And there is nothing wrong with my machine...  trust me the problem is your side.

First, read my signature.

Second, it is something wrong on your machine, otherwise the Origin offline mode would work, as it does flawless for me and many other people.

If you don't want to consider this, posting troubleshooting steps for this issue seems pointless.

If you change your mind, let me know.

TallonHawkz wrote:

I also saw the release of Elex coming and then worked out the cost of it .. £110 for a game is ridiculous for one household on one PC.. you really need to take in to account what parents have to pay for things.

Elex is a game developed by "Piranha Bytes" and published by "THQ Nordic".
Non of the companies belong or are affiliated with EA, so what is your point here?

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 6 of 8 (468 Views)

★ Apprentice

I was just venting,, for someone who doesn't work for them you sure like to start n drag out arguments .. lol

Message 7 of 8 (436 Views)

@TallonHawkz

If you want to vent in the future, I would recommend a punching bag. Wink 

Message 8 of 8 (423 Views)