by SamhainGirl1331

Original Post

Re: Offline Play without logging into origin everytime

★★★ Newbie
Does not work for me, I immedietly get a web helper that cant load
Message 21 of 31 (4,047 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've actually had this problem since i updated my origin. Not the recent updates, but the update that automatically happened about two months ago i wanna say. I forgot that  i have it set to automatically update, so when i connected to internet ( which i do not have at home) it had updated on me. When i got home that night i had done my usual thing, went to hop on sims4, only to find out, that when i opened origin, even to sign in as offline mode, i still had to be connected to internet, so now, when im connected to internet, imake sure i leave origin open and leave either sims3 or 4 open, so when i get homei  can play them, but since my games randomly crash, its not always promising that ill even get to play them that long. Sometimes when they do crash, origin will also close completely ( Even from my tray), so that would be the end of playing sims 4 or 3 till im ableto connect to internet again.

I've cleared my system cache, origin cache, i opt to put it in offline mode before i leave, but if origin crashes, it doesnt matter, itll still have the "error_network_connect" with the little dino filling the origin sign in box. 

I'm seriously fustrated by this and i have had 0 answers or help.. I try to contact EA, but it tells you that you'll recieve a call from them... well i dont have a phone thats got service so i cant even do that. I'm onl able to connect to internet when i come into town every second day, sometimes it's atleast a week because i live out on a farm with no internet so walking to a library or a friends house ( if i had any LOL), is a no go.. Is there anything you can do to help me?? I recently just bought the newest game ( Cats & Dogs), but im not even able to properly play it because origin is ion the fritz.. Please...PLEASE help me. Devil

Message 22 of 31 (4,017 Views)

★★ Novice

but i am online and it won't let me be online in the game!

Message 23 of 31 (3,993 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Change from offline to online in Origin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 24 of 31 (3,985 Views)

★★★ Newbie
But know the problem is that origin don't know anymore the my password. .
Message 25 of 31 (3,924 Views)

Champion (Retired)
If you forgot your password you can get help here:
https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/if-you-forgot-your-ea-account-id-or-password/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 26 of 31 (3,913 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Hey, so I know I'm a little late to the party here but I have issues with Origin every single time I go offline. My boyfriend's mom lives on the other side of the town we live in, and when we go to watch her dogs (for several days at a time), since my boyfriend technically lives there (that's where he pays rent since I rent from a relative), I take my desktop with me and am able to connect to the internet.

When we're done watching the dogs, I put both Origin and Steam in offline mode and lug the desktop back to my house. However, I've noticed that after the first 3 or 4 times of putting it in offline mode and turning my computer off, upon turning it back on at my house where we don't have internet Origin is no longer offline and won't let me play Sims 4 or Sims 3 either.

Any solutions? Putting it in offline mode doesn't seem to be working anymore as it puts itself back in online mode during the 10 minutes the computer is shut down.

Message 27 of 31 (3,616 Views)

@SamhainGirl1331

Try this:

Close origin completely. 

Go to your Windows device manager and disable all network adapters you have. (Disable not deinstall)

Start Origin > log in > test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 28 of 31 (3,611 Views)

★ Apprentice

When I try to get on origin offline it used to just come up login then I could go on origin but it has started coming up ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED so when I got internet I went on it and put it in offline mode but when I shut origin down or switch off my laptop then tried to get in when I didnt have internet it would come up ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED again so I don't know how to go on origin offline please help me.

Message 29 of 31 (3,484 Views)

@xxmissawsumxx

All settings in Origin (only in Origin not in the games) are back to default settings after this.)

- close Origin completely. (right click on the Origin symbol in the task bar > close)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy  "%ProgramData%/Origin" (without quotes) > hit ENTER
    - Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for the "LocalContent" folder. (The "LocalContent" folder must remain untouched.)
    - Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
    - Type or copy "%AppData%" (without quotes)  > hit ENTER
    - Now your Windows explorer should have brought you to your "C:\Users\>your user name<\AppData\Roaming" folder
    - Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the "Roaming" folder
    - In the address bar of your Windows explorer click on the word "AppData".
    - Open the "Local" folder
    - Delete the "Origin"  folder inside the  "Local" folder
    - Restart your PC. > test

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 30 of 31 (3,474 Views)