ORIGIN deleted my games

by jawhnny

Original Post

ORIGIN deleted my games

★★ Novice

So apparently all the methods posted by EA support of how to move a game directory and reinstall without having to redownload the whole game are all outdated and will end up in people having to like i say redownload the whole game.

4 games down the drain, not everyone has 10 mbit download speed and rely on more fundamental transfers of data. I see no reason why origin had to delete all my data and resume the downloads at 30% instead of just verifying all of what was already there. I tried both ways, moving the directory, installing then exiting, and resuming. Then tried starting the install, then exiting origin, moving the files, and reloading to resume the download. I had done it in the past no problems this way. 

Ill probably be told its my fault for not backing up and COPYING the game files but * me for thinking origin wouldnt massacre my backed up origin game directory.

Thanks Origin

Sincerely,

unhappy person who was about to play battlefield 4 

Message 1 of 2 (199 Views)

Re: ORIGIN deleted my games

★★ Novice

I used recuva and found some of it, now waiting to copy it all again. Has anyone done this recently? I am using the beta Origin client I noticed and am not sure if maybe that has something to do with it?

Message 2 of 2 (192 Views)