ORIGIN WONT LAUNCH- IMAC

by SwiftySoulliere

Original Post

ORIGIN WONT LAUNCH- IMAC

★★ Apprentice

I recently bought a early 2008 iMac. & tried installing Origin yesterday. It Installed fine. However will not launch. All that happens when i try to launch/open it is it hovers in the dock for not even a full second then disappears. I do not get a message saying it crashed or reporting a issue. It simply doesn't open. I have already tried reinstalling Origin, resetting it, creating a second admin to launch it, verifying and repairing disk drive. Nothing helped. I contacted someone from Origin and upon the realization that they had no clue what they were doing and were just sending me steps they'd found on forums. I simply ended the call & have decided to seek help from someone who will actually take into account the provided information on the issue at hand. Origin online works fine (if that has any relevance to the issue) Is it not launching because my iMac is older/outdated? If so is there any way to get around that issue? I have included my iMacs info and specs for people to go over.

If you have any other questions let me know and I will do my best to provide more info! (trying to get origin working for my Sims 4 games)

OSX verison 10.8.5
20-inch, Mid 2009
Processor 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB
Software OS X 10.8.5 (12F2560)

Message 1 of 1 (174 Views)