Not enough hard drive space for Sims 4??

by morgaaanpaige

Original Post

Not enough hard drive space for Sims 4??

★★ Novice

Yesterday, I bought a used laptop and I've been trying to download the sims 4 on it, but every time, it says that I don't have enough hard drive space, which doesn't make sense because its new and I haven't downloaded much at all. Btw, I know that is isn't recommended to play on a laptop that isn't specifically for gaming, but this is all that I could do for now. Anyway, I was playing the game on a really, really old laptop that I had. Seeing as it was so old, it had tons and tons of files and I doubt that it had much storage space, but I was still able to download the game and any expansion packs and I also had a * ton of custom content on that one. On the new laptop, there is a "Local Disk (CStandard smile" file and a "Recovery (DStandard smile file and I've gone into the settings on origin and tried to download the game to both, and both times, it said that there wasn't enough space. I've tried to delete files, but there really isn't much to delete so I really don't know what to do. I've tried to download the game on a flash drive that I have as well, but I had the same issue. Could really use some help, Thanks!

Message 1 of 10 (25,313 Views)

Re: Not enough hard drive space for Sims 4??

Champion (Retired)

Hello @morgaaanpaige

can you please tell me how much your memory your drive has. You can see that by click "This PC" and checking drive C: and DConfused capcity.

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

Cd-info-box.png

Message 2 of 10 (25,239 Views)

★★ Novice

Sure! I probably should've included that in the post. The C drive says it says "162 MB free of 669 GB" and the D drive has "3.00 GB free of 27.4 GB"

Message 3 of 10 (25,233 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hello @morgaaanpaige

if you bought a used laptop, id recomend reinstalling windows entirely, than you will have  enough memory to  install the game.

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

Cd-info-box.png

Message 4 of 10 (25,229 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay I'll try that! Thank you!!

Message 5 of 10 (25,219 Views)

★★★ Newbie
By any chance did that work? I got a brand new laptop two years ago and bought the sims 4 at the same time and since then I have not been able to download the game it's saying I only have 7.5GB free and I need at least 11.72GB but the only thing I have downloaded on this laptop since having it is origin I physically have no more disk space to free.
Message 6 of 10 (25,174 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hello I was wondering if you every got it to work after. If you could you let me know by any chance.
Message 7 of 10 (17,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too...

Message 8 of 10 (16,293 Views)

★ Novice
@atlantaatkin me too, please let me know if you ever fixed this. Thanks
Message 9 of 10 (10,722 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Origin please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (10,590 Views)