Not My EA email Help please!

by Deeds53090

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Not My EA email Help please!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Please, someone lead me in the right direction as I am losing my mind after months of trying to get this fixed. Every time I attempt to play an EA game, SOMEONE else’s email is attached. I have no affiliation with this person nor do I know who where why. I have reached out to EA customer service multiple times and even Xbox support. I’m still at square one. I have tried everything they have told me and it always comes down to:

”you need to do account recovery for the registered EA email because it sends that email a code”

I CANT GET INTO THAT EMAIL! There for I’m stuck? I can’t play apex, I can’t play an EA games? My privacy is a little violated and I am getting no help? I can’t even attach my correct EA email to my gamertag? I’m at a loss for words. 

Please and thank you for anyone who is willing to help me. Attached is the photo of Apex.

[Image Removed - CM]

Message 1 of 4 (336 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Not My EA email Help please!

Community Manager

@Deeds53090 

I removed the image to protect your personal account information from being shared to the public. 

Account security is very important to us. When someone creates an EA account they should have access to the email address registered to it as well as update account information every so often to keep it up to date.

We understand some players may have created an EA account a long time ago with email addresses that are no longer in use or accessible, thus we still have some additional steps that can be taken to update account details, but our Live-Support team will need to be completely sure they can verify it's the true owner before handing over the keys to an account. There are extra steps for this to happen and account verification will be more rigorous to pass.

It's unfortunate to hear about your difficult situation and we understand where you are coming from, but these measures are in place to protect all EA account customers. Our forum staff nor another player will be able to update the account details for you. We can only advise contacting our Live-Support team if you still need help with updating your details or consider playing on a different Gamertag that you've attached to a different EA account you can access.

Account Recovery

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (321 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Deeds53090 

I removed the image to protect your personal account information from being shared to the public. 

Account security is very important to us. When someone creates an EA account they should have access to the email address registered to it as well as update account information every so often to keep it up to date.

We understand some players may have created an EA account a long time ago with email addresses that are no longer in use or accessible, thus we still have some additional steps that can be taken to update account details, but our Live-Support team will need to be completely sure they can verify it's the true owner before handing over the keys to an account. There are extra steps for this to happen and account verification will be more rigorous to pass.

It's unfortunate to hear about your difficult situation and we understand where you are coming from, but these measures are in place to protect all EA account customers. Our forum staff nor another player will be able to update the account details for you. We can only advise contacting our Live-Support team if you still need help with updating your details or consider playing on a different Gamertag that you've attached to a different EA account you can access.

Account Recovery

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You removed the image to protect my account... but still I received no help because that is not my EA account? I have already done account recovery many many times. Again, stated in my forum post previously, I have no access to that email therefore I can not reset the password to get it off my gamertag. It is not an email of

mine, never was. It is not some email “I just forgot about”. This does not help me unfortunately.

Message 3 of 4 (318 Views)

Community Manager

@Deeds53090 wrote:

Again, stated in my forum post previously, I have no access to that email therefore I can not reset the password to get it off my gamertag. It is not an email of

mine, never was. It is not some email “I just forgot about”. 

We understand that this can be the case for some customers and in order for us to remedy this by updating the email address on the account for you, additional account verification must be passed to ensure we are making changes on the account for the true account owner. 

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (287 Views)