No way to use two payment options when ordering from origin?

by bigdaddyspeltz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No way to use two payment options when ordering from origin?

★★ Novice

So I canceled my preorder from Best Buy for dragon age inquisition and bought myself a 60 dollar origin/ea cashcard. Thought I would get a jump start on preloading the game for PC. I get to the checkout process and find out that I cannot use my origin/ea cashcard and my CC. So I have 60 bucks in my ea wallet but can't use it cause they only allow one payment type. In my state mn they charge tax, even if I went with the 59.99 standard version I can't buy it because I have a 4.99 tax fee that I can't pay with my cc. Why in the world would they sell 60 game cards that someone can't even purchase a game on. Now my only option is to buy another 60 game card. (My best buy does not have the 20 dollar ones) so I can pay the difference then have money left in my wallet to only use if I find a game or DLC that is the exact amount. This is crazy. Not even an option to add funds to your wallet by cc. Boy do I feel scammed by ea. No where on the ea cashcard does it explain this. Where is the insentive to order from ORIGIN? They can't even get the legit people who buy games to buy there game. Total frustration!

Message 1 of 13 (9,061 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No way to use two payment options when ordering from origin?

Hero (Retired)

You cannot use more than one option when buying something from Origin @bigdaddyspeltz 

View in thread

Message 3 of 13 (10,308 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Yeah my boyfriend got the same card from a friend to get the same game and had the exact same problem.

Do I have to use my EA Account balance prior to paying with my credit card?

Yes. Your EA Account Balance is always consumed first before any other payments are required. For example, if you want to make a purchase of a game   or product for $20 and you have $50 in your EA Account Balance, your EA Account Balance will be deducted automatically. If you want to make a purchase of a game or product for $50 and you have $20 in your EA Account Balance, your $20 will be used first and you will be prompted to provide a credit card for the remaining balance

^

Complete lie. Takes the money off then wants you to add more with another card or completey change payment types and not use the EA balance at all just to cover the tax. Good job EA.

Message 2 of 13 (9,009 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You cannot use more than one option when buying something from Origin @bigdaddyspeltz 

Message 3 of 13 (10,309 Views)

★ Apprentice

Has this since been corrected? Will EA use wallet funds prior to charging the credit card for the remaining balance, or will EA charge the credit card for the entire amount, ignoring the available wallet funds? Anyone know?

Getting a hold of anyone from EA is been next to impossible.

Message 4 of 13 (7,472 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Des3rtPenguin

This currently remains unchanged.

Message 5 of 13 (7,454 Views)

★★★ Novice

Will this ever change? Im pissed off right now that I have to spend another hour of my day to go buy a $20 card to get 25 cents out of it to buy BF1 while the remaining 19.75 sits on my account for years. This is completely stupid and shouldnt have existed in the first place.

Message 6 of 13 (7,390 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The fact that EA has not fix this yet is ridiculous...... I bought a $60 card today, not knowing about this issue until now, only to find out I am short $4.99 on my Battlefield 1 pre-order and can't use my PP.

TOTALLY defeats the purpose of the cards if this issue is not fix so I will not be wasting time with them anymore.

Message 7 of 13 (7,179 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I checked on reddit and I found a method that worked when I was purchasing Titanfall 2 on Origin. Hope this helps you guys out!

"[–]AudioCats [+1]  

I figured it out (and it's * ridiculous)

Set up a credit card in your payment options. When you go to pay, select to pay with your credit card first. Then click on the EA Wallet tab, select to pay with your wallet, then go BACK to the credit card tab and click "Review your order" or whatever * from there. It should work and charge you the $4.79 or whatever it is.

It sounds more like a crappy payment portal than anything."

Message 8 of 13 (6,772 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This no longer works, I tried to do exactly what you said and it won't work for me. This is the very last time I ever buy and EA cash card.

Message 9 of 13 (6,605 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow rofl these guys are not even able to process simple payments the proper way thank god they don't actually have anything to do with anytype of updates or etc of the game i currently play.

I pray to Jebus everyday that they do not and will never cause if they did it wouldn't be making it to its 20th annivesary this coming September thats for sure.

And oh yeah i too ran into the same insanely absurd outright theft i wish i had did a quick forum check before even thinking of purchasing one of there game cards iand thank god it wil be the last cause it was a gift i got i normally just use paypal or my CC to pay for my game stuff even if they end up fixing this some how it will take them a few years and then it will end up not working properly for a few more years and then it will constantly have problems of charging the CCard first then the balance instead of the balance first then the card these people who actually implement this stuff must be dyslexic and smokign way to much bathsalts. wow rofl insanely moronic group of *.

Message 10 of 13 (5,915 Views)