No sound on my origin games??!?

by Mxoxoxo

Original Post

Re: No sound on my origin games??!?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same problem, just started today. Everything else on the system works fine and has sound, including other games that are installed, but ANY game connected to origin does not have any sound at all. This has to be an EA issue. Get with the times guys, we paid good money for your games and expect them to be working correctly, or to at least have timely support on the forums.

Message 11 of 51 (6,020 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue. Very frustrating. I bought a few games weeks ago and still can't figure this out. None of my games have sound and I've checked the volume mixer. Sound works for everything else on my machine. 

Message 12 of 51 (5,945 Views)

★★ Guide

Hey 

I have the same problem with BF4 but I use wireless headphones.

I need to use my headphone's cable to make it work.

I don't know if you are using wireless headphones or not but if you are you should try with the cable.

Regards,

Message 13 of 51 (5,939 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DjSlayerX

I had the same issue while using a Razor Kraken; the sound for some programs was muted individually in the headset's UI. To add to that, please check all your sound settings and make sure all your devices and drivers are up-to-date.

Message 14 of 51 (5,934 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'd also suggest disabling any unused audio devices  under "playback devices" when you right-click your sound icon.

As well as un-checking "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" under the advanced properties menu of your enabled audio device.

Edit:

I also suggest disabling the origin in-game overlay in case that breaks something.

Message 15 of 51 (23,229 Views)

★ Novice

https://hastebin.com/qenorafexi.tex

No sound in any of the ORIGIN games

Message 16 of 51 (5,331 Views)

EA DICE Team

@shashankpatwa

Depending on the audio device that you use, could you please go into its control panel and make sure that you haven't muted Origin?

For example, you can lower sound for individual applications via the Volume Mixer. If you have a gaming headset, then the dedicated control panel for that device would offer the same. 

Message 17 of 51 (5,324 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this has something to do with windows 10, but can't find any solutions. I just bought a brand new Alienware 17R4 and have no sound on my origin games.

Has anyone found a solution?

Message 18 of 51 (5,272 Views)

EA DICE Team

@PackyJD2

I did find that Dell is apparently not supporting this device on Windows 10:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/ie/en/iebsdt1/product-support/product/alienware-m17x-r4/drivers

You could reach out to them if there are any known issues with sound and Windows 10. Before you do that however, make sure that you've checked the set Playback Devices and Volume mixer for your system to see if perhaps certain sounds are muted.

If you are using a gaming headset with dedicated drivers, then please also check the control panel for that specific device for any muted applications. For example.

Message 19 of 51 (5,270 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the same alieware.

The problem was only with origin games (on steam everything works fine).

Anyway go to http://www.dell.com/support/home/ie/en/iebsdt1/product-support/servicetag/J53VXF2/drivers

Here you should fine the latest driver for the

Realtek ALC3266 Audio Driver

Download ad install.

Now i can hear sound from origin.

Message 20 of 51 (5,140 Views)