Re: No sound on my origin games??!?

by 13inchesoflove

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No sound on my origin games??!?

★★★ Novice

For some reaosn every game i have downloaded on my new laptop from origin has no sound at all, i have updated the games too just to make sure it wasn't that. I have sound on everything else, it is just the games i have downloaded from origin....?

Message 1 of 51 (23,181 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'd also suggest disabling any unused audio devices  under "playback devices" when you right-click your sound icon.

As well as un-checking "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" under the advanced properties menu of your enabled audio device.

Edit:

I also suggest disabling the origin in-game overlay in case that breaks something.

View in thread

Message 15 of 51 (23,137 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Hello mxoxoxo,

Please check that the games are not muted in Windows Volume Mixer. To check this, make sure that the game is running, then go to your desktop and select the speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner and select Windows Volume Mixer. 

Regards,

Kristi

Message 2 of 51 (23,141 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just downloaded Dead space 3 and now all of my origin games don't have sound. The windows speaker icon is not muted

Message 3 of 51 (23,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem and when i do what you say it works for like 2 seconds then when i go back into the game it mutes again

Message 4 of 51 (22,875 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So are there any suggestions as there is NO WAY to get to a Pogo Help Desk Person.  Thanks

Message 5 of 51 (22,842 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any answers to this?

I uninstalled and reinstalled the audio and video drivers. And it worked before the origin update.

Message 6 of 51 (22,670 Views)

★ Novice

same problem. Battlefield 4... VOIP works, but there's no other audio... 

EA honestly needs to give up hosting their own platform, they obviously suck at it. So many issues... And they apparently don't even have the man power to reply on the forums either. Just give up... Seriously... Origin is screwed.

Message 7 of 51 (22,407 Views)

Community Manager

@LadyLylith Hi,

Can you post a DxDiag of your system? Instructions are available below:

1.  Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2.  You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3.  Type dxdiag in the text field
4.  Click OK
5.  If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6.  If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available

7.  Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
8.  Save this text file to your Desktop if possible
9. Open the text file, select all the text inside (Ctrl + A) and copy it (Ctrl +C).
10. Go to http://hastebin.com/, paste the contents of your DXDiag inside (Ctrl+V) and click Save on the webpage (Ctrl+S).
11. Copy the link of the page in your post, along with a precise description of your issue.

This will allow us to take a look at your system and make recommendations in regards to driver or system updates.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 8 of 51 (22,398 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

http://hastebin.com/obosepawaj.tex

theres the one for me i get no sound on titanfall and have voice chat issues on BF4 (didn't get to try out BF3 yet)

Message 9 of 51 (22,292 Views)

★★★ Newbie

http://hastebin.com/esaxehipot.tex

Trying to play Sims games and Mass Effect yet i have no sound on my Alienware

Message 10 of 51 (22,135 Views)