No live chat available

by robdefalco

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No live chat available

★ Apprentice

I’m having the same issue it will not let me select live chat I’ve done it last week but now it won’t let me for some reason, region is on UK as I’m from there all it gives me is email that’s it no live chat option

Message 1 of 7 (756 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No live chat available

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @robdefalco

That's odd, those categories should help you connect with live chat. Try these categories for now and once in touch with an advisor let them know the issue so they can update the categories on their side to more accurately reflect your issue: 

1. Click https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
  2. Select 'Create a new case;
  3. Type 'The Sims 4' and select that tile
  4. Select the platform; Pc/Mac, etc
  5. For Topic, choose 'Manage my account' 
  6. For the issue, choose 'Manage account details'
  7. Then, click the 'Select contact options' blue button

This should help the live chat option to appear. 

In the meantime, I'm not sure what technical issue you might be running into but a good place to start sourcing helpful troubleshooting advise is on the EA Help site. You can filter the results and enter keywords to help narrow down the articles that display for you until you have relevant help articles on your screen. Give it a go here: https://help.ea.com/en/the-sims/the-sims-4/

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (673 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @robdefalco

There can be a few factors that determine the contact options like region and the categories selected. The UK can reach live support through phone or live chat depending on the categories selected. What categories would you be selecting at the moment? 

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 7 (750 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Lanna I’ve selected issue with game, I’ve selected sims 4 game after that I’ve put launching and technical support. I got through by live chat last week but now I can’t see the option where it says like chat it doesn’t come up.
Message 3 of 7 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @robdefalco

That's odd, those categories should help you connect with live chat. Try these categories for now and once in touch with an advisor let them know the issue so they can update the categories on their side to more accurately reflect your issue: 

1. Click https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
  2. Select 'Create a new case;
  3. Type 'The Sims 4' and select that tile
  4. Select the platform; Pc/Mac, etc
  5. For Topic, choose 'Manage my account' 
  6. For the issue, choose 'Manage account details'
  7. Then, click the 'Select contact options' blue button

This should help the live chat option to appear. 

In the meantime, I'm not sure what technical issue you might be running into but a good place to start sourcing helpful troubleshooting advise is on the EA Help site. You can filter the results and enter keywords to help narrow down the articles that display for you until you have relevant help articles on your screen. Give it a go here: https://help.ea.com/en/the-sims/the-sims-4/

- EA_Lanna

Message 4 of 7 (674 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you I’ve done that but still nothing it doesn’t come up with live chat only appears with those 2 options.

Message 5 of 7 (643 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @robdefalco,

I have no alternative way to prompt the live chat option to appear. Please proceed with the available options you have to connect with the support team if you're in need of their assistance. Alternatively, the support team can be reached through Twitter (select the message icon to get assistance) and Facebook (you can select the 'send message' option on the accounts home page). 

- EA_Lanna

Message 6 of 7 (589 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Lanna Is mc command center not good to use in the sims 4?
Message 7 of 7 (515 Views)