New XBox gamertag not showing up in EA account.

by bryanofclark

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New XBox gamertag not showing up in EA account.

★★ Novice

I've just changed my XBox gamertag, but when I play an EA game (SW: Battlefront 2), my old gamertag is displayed.

How do I get my EA account to reflect the change?

Message 1 of 7 (1,598 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New XBox gamertag not showing up in EA account.

★★ Novice

Thank you for responding! Apparently, I just wasn't patient enough. After logging back in the next day, everything showed up as expected. Thanks!

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (1,498 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @bryanofclark  are you seeing your new Gamertag being displayed in all games bar EA ones?

Could the username you are seeing in SW:BFII be your EA Gamertag and not your Xbox one?>

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,544 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for responding! Apparently, I just wasn't patient enough. After logging back in the next day, everything showed up as expected. Thanks!

Message 3 of 7 (1,499 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that it's sorted @bryanofclark.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (1,459 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you do it? 

Message 5 of 7 (917 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello please help me my new xbox gamertag isn't showing up on nhl 22 I tried everything and it's not working please help

Message 6 of 7 (753 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @hockeygirl1548,

If you're seeing your EA ID in-game rather than your new Xbox gamertag, that can be changed on this account page.

If you're still seeing an old Xbox gamertag instead, it can take 24 - 48 hours in some cases for that to be reflected across all your games. If it's been longer than that it may be worth reaching out to Xbox Support to speak with them directly.

Aside from that, this thread is quite a few years old and is being locked here to avoid further necroposting.

Feel free to create a new thread after that point if there's a subject you're wanting to discuss that doesn't have a more recent topic, thanks!  

Mako.png
Message 7 of 7 (749 Views)