New Origin Client is Ugly

by Confucius_o_

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New Origin Client is Ugly

★★ Apprentice

Give me back my old Origin client interface please.

This new thing is an utter mess.

It's large, ugly and I can't even pick up my friends list and place it where I want.

Whose idea was this, are you even on this planet?

Message 1 of 6 (678 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New Origin Client is Ugly

EA DICE Team

This thread is old but still worth noting:

Never download an alternate version of Origin from anywhere but the Origin website - these programs will most likely contain malware and can cause damage to your system and personal security.

As for the new client - feel free to give us any feedback about what you don't like about the client or what you would like to see improved. Do note that the new client is mandatory and older clients will be forced to update.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (571 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yea looks like winpoob 10 and its ugly anyone know how to get the old version back ????

Found origin 9 on Google and installed that and now i back to old version and removed update

Message 2 of 6 (626 Views)

EA DICE Team

This thread is old but still worth noting:

Never download an alternate version of Origin from anywhere but the Origin website - these programs will most likely contain malware and can cause damage to your system and personal security.

As for the new client - feel free to give us any feedback about what you don't like about the client or what you would like to see improved. Do note that the new client is mandatory and older clients will be forced to update.

Message 3 of 6 (572 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Straatford87 yea i can give feedback go back to old client design and make EA stop harassing there Users simple as that.
I have uninstalled EA Origin and is back to Steam.
EA does not have any good Games anymore for me to have an ugly unfriendly client installed anyway.

Message 4 of 6 (525 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I only use the Origin client for one thing and that is the friend list.  Unfortunately the latest version of Origin has made getting to the friend list painful.  I have to click at least three times to open it, then open in separate window, then move it to the spot I want on my second monitor.  I want it there every single time I play a game.  Why can't it just remember which windows I had open and do the same thing the next time I open the application?

Message 5 of 6 (514 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just got another newer, and even uglier, client download.  Please revert to something that is user-friendly, my game library all in one pane and the ability to remove the chat window that I do not use. 

Message 6 of 6 (487 Views)