Re: New Origin Client Needs Night Mode

by UzerHole

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New Origin Client Needs Night Mode

★★★★★ Novice

As the topic of the post says we need a Night Mode for the new Origin Client.

The overwhelming whiteness of the client is blinding for us with eye strain issues.

The new Origin Client even ignores Windows Skins or Themes, so I can't force the Client to respect one of my own Themes, this is super annoying.

Either allow the client to respect Windows Themes or let us have a proper Night Mode.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9 (7,417 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@RavenousSix

We are still collecting feedback for future Origin updates. Thank you for sharing.

@DessIntress offered some nice short term solutions that you can try in the meantime.

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (7,675 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@RavenousSix hi there

Hopefully that'll be something that they incorporate in an update (as well as relocating that forsaken chat box which drives me insane). AHQ is a forum for users to help other users with more technical gaming issues, so unfortunately there's not much I can do for you. 

However, I can recommend a programme called f.lux which many of the AHQ team use in order to save our eyes from the blinding white of this site (it gets a bit much after a couple of hours). You can download it here: https://justgetflux.com/ I've used it for well over a year, and it really is incredible. Maybe give it a try for the meantime! 

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance, please accept a solution if solved 

Message 2 of 9 (7,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

why not using a "night-mode" for your whole display instead of one for each app?
or why not using the "theater mode" from your tv/monitor? it does nearly the same as a blue/white-filter

Message 3 of 9 (7,378 Views)

EA DICE Team

@RavenousSix

We are still collecting feedback for future Origin updates. Thank you for sharing.

@DessIntress offered some nice short term solutions that you can try in the meantime.

Message 4 of 9 (7,676 Views)

NIGHT MODE (black background application)

★★★ Newbie

I'm interested if you can make application in night mode (background in black no more in white) because in mornings and evenings it is annoying to look and read on white background. Help you for all your answers.

Best Regards,

Grim

Message 5 of 9 (7,312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Straatford87 
oh are you still collecting feedback for future updates?

ITS BEEN 3 YEARS FOR A DARK MODE!
pathetic

thanks

Message 6 of 9 (5,726 Views)

★ Apprentice

It really seems like they dont care about a dark mode since its a feature that doesnt generate any revenue. As soon as purchases or micro-transactions bug out they fix it, but this basic feature is not happening any time soon it seems

Message 7 of 9 (5,591 Views)

★★★ Newbie

September 2016 this was asked for. It is now almost December 2019. Please add this feature, my eyes can't take the blinding white Origin interface.

Message 8 of 9 (4,694 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Well Hi there, I'm completelly new to Origin Launcher but I have to say that Orgin is the worst Game Launcher I ever seen in my entire life.
Not even mentioning the dark theme but yeah, 3 years to add an option to copy paste what the Firefox Plugin Dark Reader does is quite a shame...

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/darkreader/

Here is the firefox plugin in case some of you are interrested, it's insane, no more blinding white pages online Standard smile

Message 9 of 9 (4,426 Views)