Network can't be reached PC and Laptop

by ManaJanee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Network can't be reached PC and Laptop

★★★★ Novice
The past few days origin had been saying i cant get online because a critical update was required. However, when i followed the instructions nothing happened. Apparently this has bern an issue before for others, so i uninstalled origin and reinstalled it.
Since then on my PC it is displaying that the origin network cannot be reached.
On my Laptop it is saying i need to be online.
I have internet on both.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Message 1 of 8 (2,554 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Network can't be reached PC and Laptop

★★★★ Novice
I changed the boot sequence of my hard drives and went back to windows 7 (from the now primary hard drive) before upgrading back to windows 10. It's working now

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (2,609 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Couple of suggestions: Check that your computers have the correct time/date. Turn your router and wifi off and try rebooting it to see if that helps. Add Origin to your firewall and virus protection program.  Let us know if none of these solves this. I also am linking you to this article that can be found at the help center: http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/ 

Message 2 of 8 (2,546 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Indys2nd
I have adjusted time/date; that was the first thing i did. I cant reset the router as i live on uni campus and so they blocked access to most properited when changing settings with wifi and router etc. I tried disabling and re-enabling wifi on the laptop and it still didnt change anything. On the PC ive just installed wifi driver and its playing up not connecting to the wireless so that is using ethernet at the moment. I also went through and added origin on my firewall/firmware. I've tried everything i can think of and still cant fix it and so this has me stumped.
Message 3 of 8 (2,540 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
Message 4 of 8 (2,518 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Straatford87
If done all of that including clean reboot and its still saying i have to be online even though i am on both computers
Message 5 of 8 (2,497 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ManaJanee

If the above steps haven't help you then I have some final steps that you can try:

If you are still unable to go online afterwards then I would recommend to have a professional look at your system and network as I don't have further steps available.

Message 6 of 8 (2,484 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I changed the boot sequence of my hard drives and went back to windows 7 (from the now primary hard drive) before upgrading back to windows 10. It's working now
Message 7 of 8 (2,610 Views)

EA DICE Team

@ManaJanee

Thanks for letting us know.. Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (2,454 Views)