Need to unredeem a product code

by ChickenHunter55

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need to unredeem a product code

★★★ Newbie

I BOUGHT A GAME AND DOWNLOADED IT WITH THE PRODUCT KEY, THEN REALISED MY COMPUTER DOESN'T MEET THE MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS SO I WAS GOING TO GIVE THE GAME TO A FRIEND, BUT HOW CAN I UN-REDEEM THE PRODUCT KEY SO SOMEONE ELSE CAN USE IT? THANKS.

Message 1 of 8 (4,205 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need to unredeem a product code

Community Manager

@ChickenHunter55 Hi,

You cannot unredeem a game. What you can do however is request a refund, please check out this article for details about The Origin Great Game Guarantee: https://help.ea.com/en/article/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (4,631 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@ChickenHunter55 Hi,

You cannot unredeem a game. What you can do however is request a refund, please check out this article for details about The Origin Great Game Guarantee: https://help.ea.com/en/article/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 8 (4,632 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks but I didn't purchase the game through Origin. I bought the game disc at a shop that doesn't allow returns due to copyright issues. When installing it, it instructed me to set up an account at Origin and enter the product key. I did that, downloaded the game, but when I tried to play it there was an error. I then found a different website that scanned my computer to check if we had the system requirements to run the game, and it said we didn't. So I un-installed the game through Origin, but it still shows the product key as being activated. I'd like to give the game to a friend so I didn't just waste $100 but don't think it will work for them if I've already activated the product key. Is this correct? Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 8 (4,175 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I just spoke to the shop I purchased it from and they said that if they can verify that the product key hasn't been used then they will accept the game back and refund it.  they told me I had to contact EA Games to ask them to reset the product key. Can you do this? Please, I spent $100 on this game that is useless to me. I know its my ignorance that caused this as I should have checked properly before buying it, but I've learnt my lesson now! Please help.

Message 4 of 8 (4,171 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@ChickenHunter55 Hi there,

I understand the store's point of view but unfortunately that is not something that we would do. There is sadly no resolution I have here.

The only thing would be getting a PC upgrade, or playing with your account on a friend's computer.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 5 of 8 (4,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well thats just great!  All because of a figgin code. There should be warnings about this before a customer enters the code. there was nothing.  How about Origin inserts a little txt box that tells people to check the game will work on their computer before entering the code.

So with all the tech of today, EA Games have no way of disabling a product code.  I think your company needs to do something about this, this problem must occur all the time, and you can't just tell people to upgrade their computer to fix it.  Thats like if I buy the wrong type of tyres for my car and the shop owner says "sorry, you'll need to upgrade your car to fit the tyres, or you can  put them on your friends car and use them that way"!

If I purchase ANYTHING at all and it is not fit for its intended purpose, I have a right to a refund.  The shop will honour this, but EA Games are preventing it.

Message 6 of 8 (4,150 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I did the same. I thought it was xbox game and redeemed on origin. But i didnt download the game. Can you pls un redeem the code

Message 7 of 8 (2,608 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Navigator1007 as this thread is quite old I am going to go ahead and lock it.

You can check to see if your purchase is eligible for a refund here:https://help.ea.com/article/what-s-the-great-games-guarantee/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (2,575 Views)