Re: Need to unlink my PS5 with unknown EA account

by sushi_noir1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need to unlink my PS5 with unknown EA account

★★★ Newbie

My PS5 is linked with an unknown email.

I have no access to that email because I did not create that email and I have no idea where did this email come from.

Since i have no access to this email, I cannot log in to the EA by using that email to unlink this EA account with my PS5.

Upon checking in the game, the EA account was registered under that unkown email on the same day my PS5 is linked with that unknown email. 

I tried live chat and I could not answer those six questions asked by the customer service guy as I don't own that unknown email and I don't know who own that email.

I have never shared my PS5 with others and all my EA games are brand new game.

How can I solve this issue? What I really need is just simply unlink my PS5 with this unknown EA account.

Message 1 of 13 (9,835 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @criffin_lo you would need to reach out to an EA advisor for further assistance with looking into this.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (9,812 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @criffin_lo you would need to reach out to an EA advisor for further assistance with looking into this.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 13 (9,813 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having the same issue. Just had it right now. 

@criffin_lo wrote:

I have no access to that email because I did not create that email and I have no idea where did this email come from.

Since i have no access to this email, I cannot log in to the EA by using that email to unlink this EA account with my PS5.

Upon checking in the game, the EA account was registered under that unkown email on the same day my PS5 is linked with that unknown email. 

I tried live chat and I could not answer those six questions asked by the customer service guy as I don't own that unknown email and I don't know who own that email.

How can I solve this issue? What I really need is just simply unlink my PS5 with this unknown EA account.

Message 3 of 13 (9,287 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you get this resolved? I’m having the same issue

Message 4 of 13 (9,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue as well. Tech support has been absolutely unhelpful. I don't care to verify the unknown account. I just want it gone so I can link my actual account.

Message 5 of 13 (8,861 Views)

★ Apprentice

Unfortunately there is no fix for this issue. I have had the same issue since November. I have spoken with over 30 advisors now. They have all said they cannot help. Looks like you are permanently locked out of ea games on your account now too… sorry. I have to log in using one of my friends’ psn accounts if there is an ea game I want to play now.

Message 6 of 13 (8,828 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@criffin_lo How did you solved this? I have this same problem
Message 7 of 13 (8,305 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium Hi, I tried to solve this with chat but didn't get any help by that. Is there solution for this problem?
Message 8 of 13 (8,303 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I´m having the same issue

I tried the live chat but nobody can help with this issue

Message 9 of 13 (7,766 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@criffin_lo wrote:

same issue. Talked for 1.5 hour to the agent. if the other e-mail address (or unknown) cannot be accessed you are stuck...they cannot unlink the PS5 from the EA account and re-connect to your current PS5 account...
Message 10 of 13 (7,509 Views)