Re: Need to unlink my Ea account from my xbox

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need to unlink my Ea account from my xbox

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Years ago, I had linked a origin account to my xbox live gamertag, and now I want to unlink and link a new origins account to the xbox, since I cant remember the email and password of the one I first used. is it possible for you to trace what my email is by searching for my gamertag and unlinking it? please respond back as soon as possible.

*update*

after some searching, I can see that my current origins account is currently linked to another xbl gamertag. if that is the case, can someone direct me to a link of a online customer support page, because when I go to that section of the website, it says I can only call them, and I don't have a phone. but if the latter doesn't work, can you please help me with the former? thankyou.

Message 1 of 4 (295 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@RuggedAsteroid1 Hi,

Unfortunately we cannot assist with this further via the forums, you will need to work with the EA Advisor in order to proceed now. In some instances, chat might be available so when you go through the Help Center they will list you all the valid options for your respective issue.

Let us know how you are getting on.

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (268 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@RuggedAsteroid1 This is possible, but it would involve an incredibly risky process called persona transfer. Please read through this article and if you wish to proceed, please contact an Advisor.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Message 2 of 4 (284 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, so I got in contact with an admin to help me with the persona transfer and they told me I needed to download and add my origin account to the demo of fifa16, so I think they can easily do the transfer(the guy I spoke with wasn't really clear, and I didn't ask so that's a fault on me), but the demo wont work, neither will mass effect 3's. so is there still a way I can do this persona transfer to merge the two accounts? if possible, I would rather like to unlink the first account through gamertag, then I can add friends with my xbox gamertag through origins. also I would prefer to go through a online chat than a phone call because the first guy who called was helpful, but hard to understand, and they other two times I called, either no one answered, or they answered and didn't say anything.

Message 3 of 4 (253 Views)

Community Manager

@RuggedAsteroid1 Hi,

Unfortunately we cannot assist with this further via the forums, you will need to work with the EA Advisor in order to proceed now. In some instances, chat might be available so when you go through the Help Center they will list you all the valid options for your respective issue.

Let us know how you are getting on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 4 of 4 (269 Views)