Need to transfer my XBOX Gamertag to new account

by dgsuperhero87

Original Post

Need to transfer my XBOX Gamertag to new account

★★ Novice

I was told by a game advisor to post this on the forum for extra help.

Currently, my XBOX gamertag is linked to an old EA account.  This EA account is an @verizon.net email, and Verizon email no longer exists, meaning I have no way to ever access it.  Ever.  This EA account was created about ten years ago for Madden 10.  I haven't used it since up until Apex and Anthem.  Because of that there is no way I can fill out enough information on the Recovery Form.  In fact, when I tried it was turned down as incomplete.  I filled it out the best I could.  

Is there any possible way to get my gamertag moved to my new account?  It looks like in the past EA could monitor you playing your account to prove it is you, but it doesn't seem like this is practiced anymore.  Desperate for help.  I've waited in chat three times now for an hour each session.  I've tried phone calls.  It seems everything is a dead road.  I really do no want to make a new gamertag since I've had this one since the beginning of xbox and don't want to shell out money to change the gamertag based on the principle that this is a horrible system.

Message 1 of 8 (495 Views)

Re: Need to transfer my XBOX Gamertag to new account

★★ Novice
I should also say that I can kinda still access my old account if I logon onto it using the Log On with Xbox button. But since the credentials for that account have long expired it will only let me open up cases; I can't view account info or change the email address. That should be proof enough that I have access to the gamertag!
Message 2 of 8 (490 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. Have been trying to figure this out for the past 3 days with no help whatsoever. EAs advisors are usless and the account recovery form is even worse. There is no way to speak to a human that can actually do anything about this issue so that you can confirm that its actually you. I am so beyond done with this crap.

Message 3 of 8 (474 Views)

★★ Novice

I seem to have the same problem too.

I linked my xbox account to an old email address that I haven't used for years, and now I can't access that old email address.

I can still login with my xbox account for customer support but can't make any changes to the account.

Also I have not been able to get in touch with any ea advisor online. This customer support system is pretty terrible.

Looks like I might be out of luck tho?  Anyone have any success stories on fixing this issue?

Message 4 of 8 (464 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im still trying through the account recovery form. but i have very low hopes.

Message 5 of 8 (461 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, thanks for taking the time to post. 

I'm sorry to say but we are unable to help with any account based issues on AHQ and you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers in relation to removing a Gamertag from an EA account.

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (425 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the response.  I've tried that avenue multiple times, but keep getting the same canned response that I need more info.  Problem is it doesn't say what info specifically.  I think I've added everything I know, but there could be a piece of info I'm missing that I could potentially add.  Also, the people I chatted with told me to post my situation on the forum for additional help, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  A very frustrating experience overall.

Message 7 of 8 (422 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hi

I have been expressly told by EA support that it is not possible to disconnect your gamer tag from an EA account , even deleting the EA account is an unknown
Message 8 of 8 (414 Views)