Need help : Possible suspicious mail

by Warden-SIS

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need help : Possible suspicious mail

★★ Apprentice

Hi EA Team,

This morning, I received a non-spam mail inbox from EA.

At least it seems so. The email looks authentic but its content is very suspicious.

Either an error on the EA side or an attempt to impersonate the EA company.

This email talks about the fact that I would have used an Origin Access code which is not the case. I didn't ask to be a part to Origin Access.

I find this email very suspicious so the shipping address seems not authentic.

The sender email address is: [edit: email address removed]

I didn't use any of the integrated links of course and I checked my Origin account which is still in Basic.

If you need me to forward the message, I remain available. Thank you and I hope to have an answer from you soon.

Message 1 of 3 (1,450 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need help : Possible suspicious mail

Community Manager

Hey @Warden-SIS if the email told you that you had redeemed a months Origin Access then I can reassure you that this came from us. 

Every user who has login verification set up on their account received a free month of Origin Access: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/login-verification-and-origin-access/

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,435 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Warden-SIS if the email told you that you had redeemed a months Origin Access then I can reassure you that this came from us. 

Every user who has login verification set up on their account received a free month of Origin Access: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/login-verification-and-origin-access/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (1,436 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi EA_Darko,

Thanks a lot for your very quick answer, it's really appreciated.

That's exactly what the email said. It's just that there is many bad people trying to take advantages of people using false identities that now, I'm extremely carefull.

I'm apology to don't taking time to check and find the link you give here by myself. The next time, I will try to find answers before posting. I was just a little surprised this time haha !

Thanks again !

Message 3 of 3 (1,426 Views)