Re: Need for speed payback doesn wont start on pc origin?

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Need for speed payback doesn wont start on pc origin?

★★★ Newbie

Need for speed payback doesn wont start on origin. I have uninstall origin and install again and still the same (read on forums that problem is in origins). I Have played game 36 hours and now wont  start. Please help?

Message 1 of 9 (2,294 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@JoeHaBa

It is possible an update has your antivirus confused, try temporarily disabling your antivirus and then if you can play, re-add Payback to your antivirus allowed items (whitelist).

Let us know if this works, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 9 (2,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have only win defender and i have turn off real time protection. I tried everythink. I have win 10 i7700 K. 

Message 3 of 9 (2,246 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Last night i have unistal and instal 3x origin than the game start. Today is the same problem. The game wont to start but then is back on origin. No black screen popping up. I have no problems with uplay, steam,... Please if you have answer if anyone have the same problem please contact me.

Message 4 of 9 (2,244 Views)

Community Manager

@JoeHaBa

Can I ask you to post a newly generated Dxdiag report here so we can take a look, thanks.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png
Message 5 of 9 (2,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same issue. So trying to re-downloading the Ned for speed payback. On launch, got an error of .dll. tryied to fix with Directx end user setup but won't successful.
So lets see if reinstalling fix the issue.
Message 6 of 9 (2,184 Views)

Community Manager

@berry8850

You may need to manually run the vcredist files from the game install location as an Administrator (via right click, run as admin.)

Let us know if this works for you or not, thanks.

barry.png
Message 7 of 9 (2,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

why i can't play need for speed payback ?

Message 8 of 9 (1,210 Views)

@blackjesussenpai your CPU is a dual-core CPU and does not meets the minimum requirements (quad-core CPU). 

System requirements:

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-payback#store-page-section-requ...

Your options: 

a. CPU upgrade - you may be able to find an Intel i7 4790K (this is the best CPU supported by your current motherboard) cheap, but that is a temporary solution. Plus, your source of buying will be most likely the second-hand market and you do not know how the previous owner treated his PC. 

b. New PC - expensive, as the technology changed, but you cam find decent deals if you know what your gaming needs are and stalk the sites selling PC's. Personally i prefer to make my PC from parts that i assemble myself. Cheaper that way and better components for the money that i would pay for a pre-made PC. 

P.S.: the i3 6300 listed on minimum system requirements is a quad core CPU, closer to the old intel i5 gen 5 CPU's. So it has enough processing power. Still, you can do better. 

You can check this CPU guide, in case that you decide that you want a brand new PC made-up from parts. And you can tag me if you want more recommendations But if you are on a tight budget, a PC build around the AMD Ryzen and an AMD ATI card is your best bet.  For the upgrade option, i can only wish you good luck Frown

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 9 of 9 (1,192 Views)