Name taken, yet nobody has the name...

by IGF-Honorguy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Name taken, yet nobody has the name...

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've read dozens of threads about this some were very old some fairly recent so I am going to hit it with the old-fashioned same again.

I've been trying for over a year to take SemperFi-Honor as my Gamertag to get rid of that NL tag. Sure it's my country but it's silly. However, SemperFi-Honor is said to be taken. In reality this is not true, there is no user to be found with this name...

Sure people can have high privacy settings but that just makes their profiles barely visible at all, not completely invisible.

Attachment shows just me when looking around.

Message 1 of 4 (571 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Name taken, yet nobody has the name...

Community Manager

@IGF-Honorguy If it says that name is taken then unfortunate it is just that, another user has the name and once a name is taken it is not possible to remove it from that user and grant to another. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (516 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide
it is taken, then they say its taken, so few is names is blocked but that is more a offending names then a rule, some names are legal but offending in other countrys/language ( and it can happend a name will be change then administrator get reports about it. but i have seen many names that should be banned, its also about etic/moral/rules. and call a charecter a name that could look like a cry for help, should not be allow seen from a adult's point of view, we all live in a complex world and there is no boarder on a game server. ) and religion politic is a big issue and not even allowed to debat it, its fully understandable but most people have common sense and have learn not all is a insulting even then it look like it.
Message 2 of 4 (548 Views)

Community Manager

@IGF-Honorguy If it says that name is taken then unfortunate it is just that, another user has the name and once a name is taken it is not possible to remove it from that user and grant to another. 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 4 (517 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If its taken then why doesn't it show up? I had this issue with a slew of variations to my name, many that there was just no way someone else was using it. Every time i looked up these variations after the edit told me it was in use, no user came up on the search. I highly doubt every variation of "Arcane_Arts" has their profile private and even then I'm fairly certain that doesn't keep them from coming up on a username search.

Message 4 of 4 (436 Views)