Re: prohibited name

by invisibleb94

Original Post

Re: Name Change / ID contains a prohibited word or character

★ Novice

The combination of letters "qwe" gets flagged as inappropriate for some reason. I wanted to change my name to "qwerqwer" since I've started using that on other platforms but it would not let me.

The only remotely "offensive" thing I can find about this combination is that urban dictionary list it as "quickest * ever" which I've literally never seen anyone use like that. If the automated system is blocking abbreviations from urban dictionary... that's not a great system. 

Message 191 of 207 (1,454 Views)

Re: ID contains a prohibited word or character

★ Novice
I think this thread is the best example for why EA is a complete j o k e !
The first user (almost 4 years ago) went through a weeks worth of Customer Support, and didn't get their answer solved! Years later and 20 pages of comments worth of complaints, and there is literally no answer from Support or any user solutions.

My name currently is liiQwiiDGolD after dozens of attempts at my preferred name, liiKwiiDGolD. As you can see, the only issue is the arrangement of letters, and there should be no reason for this issue. PLEASE contact me with an answer to allow username additions. There MUST be a way to create a logging database that works.
Message 192 of 207 (1,421 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yep.
Message 193 of 207 (1,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Someone I know was starting a new account.  He tried to name it Shenanigans and it told him that it "contains a prohibited word or character"???

Message 194 of 207 (1,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

???

Message 195 of 207 (1,214 Views)
Highlighted

Re: prohibited name

★ Novice

I still have been tryna change for well over a month now and it will not let me 🙄

Message 196 of 207 (1,182 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@thefuzzywaffle Try putting a dash before and after the username
Message 197 of 207 (1,111 Views)

Re: ID has already been registered.

★★ Novice
@EA_Nils I want to change my name to Twitch_F1ick and it doesn't work, for some reason Twitch_Flick works because its taken by someone already, but all i want to use is Twitch_F1ick so for some reason Flick with a 1 as the l doesn't work, same goes with just plain Flick, and F1ick, that its taken, but for some reason Flick with a 1 as the l doesn't work
Message 198 of 207 (1,091 Views)

Re: ID has already been registered.

★★ Novice
@EA_Nils I want to change my name to F1ick_Twitch and that doesn't work either????
Message 199 of 207 (1,501 Views)

Re: Name Change / ID contains a prohibited word or character

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried to change my name to Lil PB&J  and it says id contains a prohibited word or character

Message 200 of 207 (2,077 Views)