My sims 4 game is having problems after the island living update.

by holsgens

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims 4 game is having problems after the island living update.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

(English isn't my original language, sorry if I don't know how to describe surtain words)
Heyy. I've heard people talk about the fact that updating your game while having mods and CC installed may break things, but I think I heard about this too late. I just updated my game and got the island living update (I think that's what you call it?) and right when I entered my household I got messages that errors have been spotted and mods needed to be updated. Also when I go into CAS I think that 25% of my clothing, hats, etc. shows up with a white picture so I can't see what item it is. When I click on the item it does appear on my sim, but I can't see what item it is in the columns. Making chosing almost impossible and time taking. i closed my game right away and took all my mods out. The error messages dissapeared, but the CAS issue still remains.

I don't know if the CAS problem has been caused because of the mods I had in my game, but I hope there is a solution.

Message 1 of 9 (8,431 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My sims 4 game is having problems after the island living update.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@holsgens  @eleanorrydby13 

We have a helpful article on Sims 4 updates and modes here. In general, some mods can cause issues after game updates if they're not compatible with the latest version. We recommend reaching out to the creators of the mods if they're not working efficiently with new game updates.

How to find problematic Mods

Once you have identified that one or more of your Mods is creating issues, you then need to determine which Mods are the problem. Since you could potentially have many Mods in your Mods folder, this can be a time consuming process. Here are some tips to speed things up:

• Remove all your Mods from the “Mods” folder and add them back in batches. After adding each batch, run the game to see if the problem persists. Once you determine that a particular batch contains a problematic Mod, remove half of that batch and see if the problem still exists. If it does then remove another half of the batch and try again. If it does not then add back in half of the removed Mods and try again. Repeat this process until the problem Mod is identified. This type of searching is sometimes referred to in The Sims community as the “50% method”.
  • Since Game Mods are more likely to cause conflicts, start by just removing those Mods (if you have them) to narrow down your search.
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (8,346 Views)

All Replies

Cas glitching after June 2019 update

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Since i updated The Sims 4, which was literally one day ago, my cas has been glitching out completely! All the non-basegame stuff is not showing up, and the sliders at the left has some weird buttons under it that you can't even click on. 

Check out the screenshots down below 👇👇

Message 2 of 9 (8,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@holsgens  @eleanorrydby13 

We have a helpful article on Sims 4 updates and modes here. In general, some mods can cause issues after game updates if they're not compatible with the latest version. We recommend reaching out to the creators of the mods if they're not working efficiently with new game updates.

How to find problematic Mods

Once you have identified that one or more of your Mods is creating issues, you then need to determine which Mods are the problem. Since you could potentially have many Mods in your Mods folder, this can be a time consuming process. Here are some tips to speed things up:

• Remove all your Mods from the “Mods” folder and add them back in batches. After adding each batch, run the game to see if the problem persists. Once you determine that a particular batch contains a problematic Mod, remove half of that batch and see if the problem still exists. If it does then remove another half of the batch and try again. If it does not then add back in half of the removed Mods and try again. Repeat this process until the problem Mod is identified. This type of searching is sometimes referred to in The Sims community as the “50% method”.
  • Since Game Mods are more likely to cause conflicts, start by just removing those Mods (if you have them) to narrow down your search.
Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 9 (8,347 Views)

★ Novice

It worked! Thank you (:

Message 4 of 9 (8,290 Views)

★★ Novice

It worked for me! Thanks a lot!

Message 5 of 9 (8,274 Views)

★★★ Novice

I removed all my mods and the game is still glitchy and won’t show me the options to create mermaids or randomise traits. It also won’t let me zoom in and out of characters. I’m so upset, been waiting 3 hours for everything to finish updating and loading and it isn’t working :’(

Do you recommend reinstalling? 

Message 6 of 9 (8,076 Views)

Community Manager

@BadWolf3011 

While reinstalling is obviously not ideal, but if removing the mods from your game folder and restarting your PC didn't fix it that may be the option you want to consider. 

I recommend checking the site for the mods you downloaded them from to see if their current version is compatible with the game before inserting them back into the game folder.

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 9 (8,013 Views)

★★★ Novice

I assumed as much Frown reinstalling it all now. Guess il try the game tomorrow and hopefully it will work. 

Message 8 of 9 (7,999 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this issue too, despite all mods being updated. HOWEVER, if you have the 3-4 columns Mod installed then that's most likely what is causing this issue, it has been outdated for some time and is now not compatible with the latest gamepack (Island Living).

Message 9 of 9 (5,087 Views)