My origin account keeps logging out, stating I am logged into another computer.

by Hackford_will

Original Post

My origin account keeps logging out, stating I am logged into another computer.

★ Novice

I recently bought Simcity and it is the only game I have used on Origin.  I had not previously had Origin installed and installed it last week purely for this game.

A number of times Origin logs me out stating I am logged into another computer, even though I am not registered on another nor, indeed, have a second computer.  In Simcity this is particularly annoying as it automatically closes my city and insists I restart the programme to continue.

After it happened the first few times, a few days ago, i changed my password in the event it was a hacking.  Now it has begun to happen again and is particularly frustrating.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 7 (4,500 Views)

Re: My origin account keeps logging out, stating I am logged into another computer.

★ Novice

The message has just come up again, that's about five times in a few hours:

"ACCOUNT CURRENTLY IN USE
This account is logged in on another computer.  If you log in now, the other computer will be logged out.  Remaining in Offline Mode will not disrupt the other compyter, but you will not have access to any online features."

Message 2 of 7 (4,464 Views)

Re: My origin account keeps logging out, stating I am logged into another computer.

★ Novice

This is still an active problem.  Does anyone from EA respond to queries on here?

Message 3 of 7 (4,422 Views)

★★★ Novice

i guess someone has access to your account.

change your password.. maybe that will help 

Message 4 of 7 (4,420 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It's not new, it's already happened to plenty of people, and NO ONE in AHQ can solve it.  A simple search would have told you all of this.  Sometimes it might disappear on its own, but not usually.  There's an occasional switch / flag that gets mis-set online. Only a game adviser can un-set the flag  None of them are on AHQ.  They are all on EA Help Center, which is currently only minimally staffed, until 8 AM, US time. 

https://help.ea.com/ 

The very shortest waits are from 10 AM to 5 PM, US time, with the 8 to 10 and 5 to 10 PM time segments second best contact times. 

Message 5 of 7 (4,418 Views)

★ Novice

So I just spoke with an advisor in live chat, and he had no idea what this "occasional switch / flag that gets mis-set online. Only a game adviser can un-set the flag." is. Also he informed me that there is no time frame for the fix and that EA is aware of it. I think we should all flood the EA advisors until EA gets the message that is top priority and interfering with online play.

Message 6 of 7 (3,458 Views)

Re: My origin account keeps logging out, stating I am logged into another comput

★★★ Novice

Still happening on my account...

Message 7 of 7 (1,225 Views)