My games have been deleted after updating origin

by benduff123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My games have been deleted after updating origin

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the update for origin today and now my games are gone, if I try to play them it tells me I have to activate them again, which I can't cause the product code has already been used. I know this is a common problem and nobody seems to have a decent answer! This is getting beyond a joke now and if this isn't resolved, then surely EA can either reimburse me or send me new product keys for these games! The games im having trouble with are Sims 3 and Mass Effect 3

Message 1 of 59 (27,727 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My games have been deleted after updating origin

Community Manager

@lukasgade123 @Republicrepoint Hi,

Usually when players report this issue, it turns out that they accidently created a new Origin account and are logging into Origin using that one, instead of the one they had originally purchased and redeemed their games with.

Is there any chance that this could have happened? If so, you might want to try if you can log in to Origin with another email address you had been using at the time.

If you cannot figure out which one that might be, I'd like to ask you to get in touch with an EA Game Advisor: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new

This article here describes how: https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center#2

Log in with your Origin account and choose "Origin" as Product, your Platform, and "Account Management" as Topic and describe your issue to see all available contact options.

If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answer HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

Thank you,

Nils

View in thread

Message 31 of 59 (15,739 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

same problem man.. this is a joke.. you will just get someone from EA support replying with please use ea support lmao.. why cant the guy replying just tell us how to fix this.. and to speak to someone on the phone its $2.50 a minute for australians.. what a joke

Message 2 of 59 (27,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie

been told to ring up as it may be a security problem! n when i do im put on hold for 45 minutes until iv finally had enough! this is getting to be beyond a joke!

Message 3 of 59 (27,522 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its a HUGE joke. Hundreds of dollars there - and if I do get to download those games again, it's going to be a massive hole in my download limit with my IP. I don't think we'd be out of line asking for compensation of some sort. I've been a loyal EA user for MANY years. Origin is the worst product they've ever put out. Need this fixed ASAP EA people. I'm a PR professional, and if I took this long to fix an issue for my clients, I'd get the sack.

Get it sorted EA.

Message 4 of 59 (27,521 Views)

★★ Novice

My copy of Simcity just dissappeared...   and EA doesnt have a toll free number for australians, Seriously?

Message 5 of 59 (27,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i rang up again and finally got an answer they managed to sort it very quickly actually, my account had been hacked by someone somehere in eastern europe. I got my account and games back. i was lucky as the call was free due to my telephone provider. although i dont know how you will get your games back if you dont want to ring up coz as far as im aware there doesnt seem to be a way to do it not on the phone......  EA really needs to sort a lot of things out. Im now having problems with mass effect 3 every few seconds or so the game will freeze for about half a second causing voices to be massivley out of sync and spoiling the game for me. Sort it out ea! 

Message 6 of 59 (27,510 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing just happened to me... any answers ould be great. If not a compensation that covers cost of game and downloads! Frown 

Message 7 of 59 (27,411 Views)

★★★ Novice

My games have been deleted after the latest update and it wont reload them. I do not have the product keys and EAsupport has been useless. Never again.

Message 8 of 59 (27,368 Views)

Hero (Retired)

At first, download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well).

Go in to your Origin client and check with "Show games: Hidden" if you can find your missing games.

If your games still won't show up, please contact one of our Game Advisor. They can check what might went wrong with your game entitlements.

✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped!

Message 9 of 59 (27,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not surprsing that you have absolutely 0 XP then is it?

Message 10 of 59 (27,069 Views)