My friends list is empty

by Iareuz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My friends list is empty

★★★ Newbie

I logged in today and see that I have no friends on my account and i have more than 5 so i was wondering what happend. I haven't been on in a while just here and there any ideas?

Message 1 of 2 (2,731 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My friends list is empty

Community Manager

Hey @Iareuz this is most likely due to changes made to Origin recently.

You can find all the info in this help article: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Origin-Client-Update-to-Chat-and-VoIP-Sunset/m...

UPDATE: to accompany Origin's VoIP sunset the "Voice" menu in-client is no longer functional. This menu will be completely removed from the client in an upcoming Origin update.

During January 27-30 we’re updating Origin’s chat service. Chat will still be available during this time, but Origin Beta players will not be able to see and interact with non-Beta players. If you want to continue chatting with your friends during this time, you can opt-in/out of the Origin Beta as follows:

• While in the client, select Origin -> Application Settings
  • In the Application tab, scroll down and turn on/off Participate in Origin client betas
  • Selecting Origin -> Exit, and restart Origin for the changes to take effect

With this update we’re also able to deliver a long-requested chat feature – stay tuned for more info!

Additionally, on January 31 we’ll sunset Origin’s VoIP service. This means voice chat will no longer be supported in-client. However, you will still be able to use in-game voice chat with your friends in EA games, and 3rd party titles that support this option.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (2,712 Views)

All Replies

Re: My friends list is empty

Community Manager

Hey @Iareuz this is most likely due to changes made to Origin recently.

You can find all the info in this help article: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Origin-Client-Update-to-Chat-and-VoIP-Sunset/m...

UPDATE: to accompany Origin's VoIP sunset the "Voice" menu in-client is no longer functional. This menu will be completely removed from the client in an upcoming Origin update.

During January 27-30 we’re updating Origin’s chat service. Chat will still be available during this time, but Origin Beta players will not be able to see and interact with non-Beta players. If you want to continue chatting with your friends during this time, you can opt-in/out of the Origin Beta as follows:

• While in the client, select Origin -> Application Settings
  • In the Application tab, scroll down and turn on/off Participate in Origin client betas
  • Selecting Origin -> Exit, and restart Origin for the changes to take effect

With this update we’re also able to deliver a long-requested chat feature – stay tuned for more info!

Additionally, on January 31 we’ll sunset Origin’s VoIP service. This means voice chat will no longer be supported in-client. However, you will still be able to use in-game voice chat with your friends in EA games, and 3rd party titles that support this option.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (2,713 Views)