My download has been paused.

by 20Aventador12

Original Post

Re: My download has been paused.

★★ Novice

I did everything that has been said by previous posters, yet I keep having the problem.

Origin doesn't want to update any of my games and/or preload FIFA 17

I keep getting the message it waits for permission from windows while I don't get any message from windows...

Can anyone help me how to fix this....

Or do I really have to upgrade to Win 10? (I'm still using a win 7)

Message 51 of 62 (1,977 Views)

★★★ Expert

@TMBC_Nukyur That sounds like UAC (User Account Controls) are on and not displaying the pop up to let you allow the program to continue. You can turn that off by doing the following.

Make sure you are logged in to Windows as the Administrator

Type UAC or User Account into the start menu search box.

Click on Change User Account Control Settings.

Slide the slider there all the way down to Never Notify.

Click OKAY

Try you installation again.

Message 52 of 62 (1,975 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

No difference when I put my UAC on max or off... I still get the message that origin is waiting for permission

Message 53 of 62 (1,964 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi! Did you solve the Problem? If yes, please, tell how. Thanks!

Message 54 of 62 (1,850 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this described issue, I've tried all the above mentioned fixes and solutions as well. The option of safe booting to install a game just doesn't seem good at all. There must be a way to build a client that works as good as any other client out there.

Message 55 of 62 (1,722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I found after speaking to EA over phone that there was a problem that I have installed an EA Origin Client a few years back, and that one has left some old files on my disk. This resulted in these errors. I will summarise the steps provided by the representative.

This includes downloading a software (suggested by EA support) which removes hidden files related to the Origin Client.

1. Close down Origin.

2. Download Revo (free) https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

3. Go into Revo and uninstall Origin. Then when that is completed do a moderate Scan and delete the files that pop up. There's 2 windows with files popping up. I wiped everything, but I suppose you can wipe just anything related to Origin.

4. Restart your computer

5. Go and download this Origin Client https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe (This is the full client, not the network download version).

6. Install the OriginSetup.exe, you do not need to run it as administrator.

7. Live your life as intended.

Message 56 of 62 (1,712 Views)

★ Novice

It is 2019 and the problem stil hasn't been solved by EA. I have tried everything you said in this topic and it still doesn't download.

Message 57 of 62 (1,240 Views)

★ Novice
@Oldek88 Hey man, cheers for this, your solution solved my problem 100%, spent waaayy too much time on trying to fix this.
Message 58 of 62 (1,171 Views)

Re: My download has beeen paused!

★★ Novice
@EA_David would be nice if this sort of thing wasn't required to use the Origin client. 5 years later, and EA still hasn't fixed their client.
Message 59 of 62 (1,042 Views)

★ Novice
@Oldek88 Thanks! I wasted hours on this, with the EA helpless desk offering idiot suggestions. I used my copy of Revo Uninstaller Pro (which I accidentally updated and now it's in trial mode, but that's another story). Now it works correctly.

They should pay you for your post.
Message 60 of 62 (841 Views)